Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

So whats the difference between them all?? just options.....is the engine etc. the same in ALL the versions?

Cheers
KiwiMR2

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: RAV 4 J/L/JE/LV etc.

KiwiMR2 said:
Hey guys

So whats the difference between them all?? just options.....is the engine etc. the same in ALL the versions?

Cheers
KiwiMR2
My understanding is the J & the L are the same - just sold by a different dealer network in Japan and equivalent to the GX

GS is basic - but you almost never see them for sale (possibly even had wind up windows)

Then theres a high spec model (VX) that has leather

There are a few 2WD examples that I think had a 1.6 or 1.8 in

All 4WD have been 2.0 (At least in the UK)

Up to 96 it was the 3S-FE then the 3S-GE engine - which is a bit pokier

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding is the J & the L are the same - just sold by a different dealer network in Japan and equivalent to the GX
Ahhh....sweet, I don't recall ever seeing a GX though :? is that in the later models? Im only familiar with the 94-96 at this point as that is what Im THINKING of getting for the missus.

There are a few 2WD examples that I think had a 1.6 or 1.8 in
Makes sense....from what I know they were all 4wd up to about 1997 with Jap versions.

Up to 96 it was the 3S-FE then the 3S-GE engine - which is a bit pokier
I was wondering when they went to the 3sge....did the rav ever get the Beams version?? I'll have to look into it a bit more but I recall a few here in NZ that people have put in 3sgte's.....oh to chuck my Gen III 3sgte in :twisted:

Is a 3sge a straight bolt up into a 3sfe equipped model?? would the gearbox (auto one specificly) be the same?

Cheers
KiwiMR2

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
3s-fe from 96 - may have co-incided a slight face-lift (Twin head-lights (In a single unit))

I think it would have to be a 3s-ge to have beams

Automatic has allways been A540H - so possibly a direct bolt on at some point.

2WD tend to be very early

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ag0w said:
3s-fe from 96 - may have co-incided a slight face-lift (Twin head-lights (In a single unit))
You mean 3sfe UPTO 1996 then 3sge from there.

Yep...only ever 3sge BEAMS.

Cheers
KiwiMR2

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KiwiMR2 said:
ag0w said:
You mean 3sfe UPTO 1996 then 3sge from there.

Yep...only ever 3sge BEAMS.

Cheers
KiwiMR2
Yes I do mean 3s 'G'e from 96 .... slight typo :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts