Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I purchased a rav4.2 for a run around while I wait for my import from Japan to turn up (Toyota Aristo MK2). I've always modded my cars slightly. Within a day of getting the rav4 I ordered these lights:

Toyota RAV 4 2000-2006 LED Rear Tail Light Wing Lamp Black Replacement | eBay

Unfortunately the connectors are completely different to the OEM connectors. (see pics)
The OEM connector is a block type
The LED connector is slim.

Has anyone installed these lights before?

Thanks

shake
(based in UK)

OEM

LED

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
You may have to cut the connector from your old lights (or one from a junk yard) and spice them to the new ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
out of the topic
where do u get this taillamp
would like to "renovate" my car exterior but it seems rav4 parts are likely more expensive than the other toyota model

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ermmm because led is kinda new type new fashion and our ravs are just too old for that led ? Hahaha
By the way, I think u could ask the seller of this tail lamp as if they sell the conveter or something like that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All sorted!!!

Those connectors go in place of bulbs. They are w21w fitment.
Seller replied to my message. For the price they are not bad.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi. The connectors on the lights are the same found on bulbs. So they go in the same spot the bulbs plug into. As in the OEM bulb plug. There's no need to mod anything. Once you see it, you'll wonder why you didn't see it before. I felt pretty silly asking the seller after I installed them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for the answer, I thought you had changed something, I'll do that tomorrow.
So thank you again for the quick response :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts