Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is due for its yearly test soon (Europe). I have noticed the DPF or second cat just before the middle box has been cut out.

Will this pass an emissions test? If not do you know where I can by the part cheaply? We will be selling the car shortly. The cat closest to the engine is still on the car.

It is a RAV 4 T180 2.2D year 2006

·
Registered
220 Posts
Not sure why it was cut out?? You can buy a replacement cat to be welded in ,but check with your local garage to see what they say. A used one at a junkyard may be a good choice also.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
My car is due for its yearly test soon (Europe). I have noticed the DPF or second cat just before the middle box has been cut out.

Will this pass an emissions test? If not do you know where I can by the part cheaply? We will be selling the car shortly. The cat closest to the engine is still on the car.

It is a RAV 4 T180 2.2D year 2006
Did you own the car during its last yearly emissions test? If so and it passed then, it should pass now, no?

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
Suspect that if you are in the U.K. it will not pass MOT. But since this forum is North America - based and you have a diesel (Toyota has never sold diesel RAV4s here) you might get more help from a U.K. based forum such as: Home | RAV4 Drivers Club

1 - 5 of 5 Posts