Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day from Tasmania

I am a new member and I live on the North West coast of Tasmania. My wife and I have within the last month bought our third RAV. We have had each of the three generations now, the present and the last both silver. We always wanted something a little larger and the 2006 model certainly has fulfilled our wishes.

The RAV is the family car and my wife's week day car and I have recently also bought a new Honda Jazz (Fit) Sport with a 1.5L VTEC engine as my week day car. This is extremely fuel efficient (50 mpg) but still relatively powerful. I see they are going to release them to the US market soon. Great car!

We have an eight year old son and we are all keen on bushwalking and last year when our son was seven we completed the Overland Track (six days-70 Km) We all like climbing mountains on our walks so in my album I have included some images from some of our walks and some other trips.

The RAV is an ideal vehicle for Tasmania and we are very happy with our Cruiser model (similar to Sport in US) except for a transmission noise that hopefully can be sorted out. We have a 5 speed manual and I was surprised that this isn't an option in the US. We took an auto for a test drive but didn't like it revving really hard when it dropped down a gear.

We have recently bought three Perception Acadia kayaks and are looking at purchasing some Rhino Rack RXX kayak carriers so that we can carry all three kayaks at once on the new RAV. This type carries the kayaks on their edge. Does anyone have any experience with these? I am very pleased with the rail mount aero roof bars as they are very quiet, even at speed and can be left on at all times.

Cheers
Happy RAVving
from Tasmania

·
Registered
685 Posts
G'day Mate!!
Welcome aboard......3 gens and just finding this site??
The RAVs look good with the bush bars, and silver was an excellent choice... :wink:
The pics in the album are just great!!!!
See ya!!!

B

·
0 Posts
SJS,

Glad to hear from you...Congrats on your new car...obviously you like the RAV ...3rd time around the horn for you..lol

Nice pix too

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the forums SJS! :D

Congratulations on being a 3 time owner of RAVs; impressive. :p

Just viewed your album. Very beautiful country and pictures. Be sure to check out RAV4OZ.com's forums. Not sure why though, on that site many Aussies are not very happy with the 4.3 (3rd gen.) RAVs. Do you know why that is? Just curious. :D

Yes, we are getting the Honda Fit soon to the U.S. Other companies will be releasing micro cars such as the Toyota Yaris and Nissan Micra. :D Good move, gas prices appear to be creeping up again. :x

Anyways, nice having you on board.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I am hearing the RAV owners in Australia who are bagging the 4.3 RAV are die-hard RAV enthusiasts who own an earlier generation model and are a bit shell-shocked at the jump in size. Some think that the RAV is too similar in size to the Kluger (Highlander) Whoever decided to call the Highlander a "Kluger" in Australia came up with a very poor choice of name. Some are saying that they think the styling is bland. Others are bitterly disappointed that there is not a two door sawn-off model on offer as there has been in the past

·
Registered
682 Posts
That is true. I'm one of the people disappointed with the 4.3. The RAV4 will never be the same again. BTW, the 5dr model was sawn off the 3dr model. Kluger means clever in German. Toyota Australia wasn't very kluger when they named the Kluger the Kluger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts