Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up in case anyone is interested...I missed this week's Motorweek but Ricky caught it and tells me that next week they're doing the new Rav. This is what they would officially call the December 2 episode, episode number 2513. As of the time of posting this, it's not listed on the motorweek.org website yet. Now, this will air in different markets on different days, so check your local PBS listings carefully. I found air dates on various stations in various markets of 12/2, 12/3, 12/7, 12/9, and 12/29. Weird.

Anyway, here's the episode description:

Toyota RAV4 (#2513) Duration: 26:46 CC Stereo TVG
* Road Test: 2007 Toyota RAV4 compact utility;
* Road Test: Hot new 2006 Porsche Cayman;
* Goss' Garage: A Top Wrench in NASCAR;
* Over The Edge: One Humongous Pickup Truck;
* AutoWorld: We Visit ASIMO the Robot;
* Long-Term Road Test Update: Suzuki Grand Vitara, Winnebago View;
* Gear: Holiday Gifts for the Car Nut

Becky

·
Registered
233 Posts
Toyota RAV4 Mon, Dec 5 10:30PM new
Toyota RAV4 Mon, Dec 5 2:30AM
Toyota RAV4 Tue, Dec 6 8:00AM
EST on the Speed channel

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll look up when it's on in my area and make myself a list. I get Speed Channel as well as three different PBS stations. I'm sure I'll be home for at least one of the showings, so I'll plan on recording it as an mpeg and put it up somewhere for download. I'll post here when it's up.

Becky

J

·
0 Posts
Because of fund raising, it will only be on HD and DT channels in my area :( .

Motorweek's written road test summary:

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2513a.shtml

Fairly positive, calls the ride pretty stiff.

"One surprise is the RAV4's very firm, most un-car-like ride. Indeed on all but the smoothest paved roads it felt sports car harsh. And we found road noise was quite intrusive. On the other hand, the RAV4's four-wheel independent suspension, with front MacPherson struts and rear double wishbones, shines on twisty roads. It's tight, agile and entertaining."

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
OK, does anyone use the right photos anymore??? Three photos for the article, and they're all of a 2004/2005 RAV... :?

From their response on the harsh ride, I'd expect that they maybe had a RAV4 Sport with the lower profile tires in their test, but they don't say. I'd expect that they'll have more to say when the program airs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts