Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi would like to inquire for my project..

My brother had a Rav4.1 2door 4wd.. when he passed away it was left at a shop. Now i got it and would like to finish his project. I already got a 3sgte 4th gen with an automatic tranny.. would like to know what do i need to change so that i could use the stock tranny from the 3sfe and do i have to reinforce the drive shaft of the 4wd.. any help would be appreciated..

·
Registered
12 Posts

My brother had a Rav4.1 2door 4wd.. when he passed away it was left at a shop. Now i got it and would like to finish his project. I already got a 3sgte 4th gen with an automatic tranny.. would like to know what do i need to change so that i could use the stock tranny from the 3sfe and do i have to reinforce the drive shaft of the 4wd.. any help would be appreciated..

The stock tranny from the 3SFE should bolt right up to the 3SGTE. No reinforcement required. You might want to get a better clutch that can handle the additional 100HP.

·
Registered
621 Posts

Sorry for your loss.
But; wow! What a great project!

What year is your Rav?
Is the stock tranny, manual or automatic like the donor?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The stock tranny from the 3SFE should bolt right up to the 3SGTE. No reinforcement required. You might want to get a better clutch that can handle the additional 100HP.
Thanks for the info turborav. Got that currently the engine is being fitted ask the mechanic to change the timing belt and tensioner and all the filters is there anything. Is there anything that is important that i need to replace?

Sent from my SM-N915F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
621 Posts
I would look at changing the clutch while it is out, RockAuto has a couple of heavy duty options.

Some also recommend moving the EGR VSV to another location while you have easy access to it.

I like the way the 2 door Ravs look, but I like having the longer wheelbase when I'm driving.

Have fun.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Rav comes with a 3sgte clutch in stock form. It was probably to help in offroad situations. So a stock replacement would be fine if budget is limited.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts