Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if any of the Rav4.1 had a DUAL moonroof option? I know a moonroof was offered, but were there DUAL moonroof's or many of them?

I recently saw this post and was wondering if it's true, they exist!?

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/90-private-party-classifieds/133450-96-rav-4-sale.html

I've been in the market for a Rav4.1 as I sold my Rav4.2 last year and want to get back in the game. I'm debating a 2dr soft top or a 4dr and a dual moonroof may clinch the decision for me.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Pretty common here in the UK on the pre 98 models,iirc they are lift out panels as well.......mostly the 2 door models here.....beware about buying a soft top,most soft top roofs will be showing signs of age,they are very expensive to replace,if you can still get one.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Moonroof is the tinted glass panel with motor. Which as far as I know only came on 5 doors? That picture definitely shows a 5 door with two sunroofs...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Moonroof is the tinted glass panel with motor. Which as far as I know only came on 5 doors? That picture definitely shows a 5 door with two sunroofs...
The front roof panel looks to be removed,looks like a pop up wind deflector there as well.

Definitely available in the 2 door version...pretty sure they were manual tilt/lift out steel panels.....i almost bought one before i bought my current facelift.

Theres plenty for sale over here

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The front roof panel looks to be removed,looks like a pop up wind deflector there as well.

Definitely available in the 2 door version...pretty sure they were manual tilt/lift out steel panels.....i almost bought one before i bought my current facelift.

Theres plenty for sale over here

WOW, those are too cool. I definitely like the 2 dr soft top for its fun, "let's go to the beach" like feeling you get from seeing/driving one. But long term i think i'd be happier with a 4dr. The dual moonroof/sunroof, which ever is correct, seems to be a close competitor with a soft top. Definitely would be nice to add that much light, and fresh air for the warm months. I didn't even realize that there were some 2dr's available w/ the dual moonroof/sunroof! There aren't many rav4.1's for sale in the US, at least not at the moment so I don't know if I can be picky. I may just end up waiting a few years before I find the perfect one! :zzzz:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Pretty common here in the UK on the pre 98 models,iirc they are lift out panels as well.......mostly the 2 door models here.....beware about buying a soft top,most soft top roofs will be showing signs of age,they are very expensive to replace,if you can still get one.

+1 on soft top roofs being a bit tedious and expensive to maintain, but they are nice to have in summer, I use mine a bit.

My 5Dr wagon has the electric glass roof but I imagine it would be pretty tough to get 2 mechanical roofs in there, the moonroof slide mechanism goes back reasonably far, when I get Blue back off my dad I will have a look and see if its physically possible to fit 2 in.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I do like the soft top but its not that practical here in the UK......we would be lucky to get a month or so a year of suitable weather,the plastic aftermarket "hard top" is a good extra to replace the soft cover but quite expensive.....pity it wasn't styled a bit better as well.

http://www.rallytops.com/toyota/toyota-rav4-1-piece-full-top.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts