Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi friend. Has anyone have installed gauges on their Rav4 1999 like speedometer and fuel gauges??

·
Registered
159 Posts
Did you mean replaced?

·
Registered
159 Posts
You want to add redundant (extra) gauges? Physically installing gages is easy, giving them a proper signal is not! That gauge requires a matching sending unit inside of your gas tank. Doing so is virtually impossible on plastic gas tank. Do you just want some blinking lights, or are you actually looking for information? You could plug in OBD2 style gauge (like Ultra Gauge) and it will give you LOTS of useful information!

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am actually interested in getting the info for fuel. When its full and its low on gas. But in led fashion.

·
Registered
609 Posts
If you want it to act like the stock one then you need one setup for 3 ohms at full, and 110 ohms at empty. Keep in mind that the stock gauge has a very long response time, I am often 5 miles down the road before it shows completely full after a fill-up.

If you want to have some fun get two gauges to mount side by side, but setup for 1 ohm at full and 55 ohms empty, with a fast response time. Connect one to each fuel sender and you can watch the fuel move from side to side in the curves. Would also help in the low-fuel situations where you have fuel in the low side of the tank, but your fuel pick-up is in the high side of the tank. You would know when to slosh fuel to the high side.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I guess you could get a Narrow band O2 sensor gauge. They are pretty cheap, flashy and you tap into your existing O2 sensor (no need for an extra sensor). The only useful thing it will tell you is condition of your O2 sensor (fast response is good, slow response is bad).

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,044 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts