Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rav4 2000 with 92,000 original miles on it. About 2 months ago, the muffler felt in the parking lot ,and I went to the muffler shop to have a new one. The same week, I put a new battery on it. Since I make those changes, I am experienced some serious issues and frustration. The car has some serious difficulty to accelerate mostly when I did not let it run for at least 25 minutes. I went to the shop for new wires, new spark plugs, and did a smoke test. I am still experienced the same problem mostly at night when it is chilly. When I put my feet on the gas pedal to accelerate, I heard a weird noise under the car like something clogs in the exhaust line, and the car can take several minutes before it moved to 1 feet. After a while, it will run like nothing ever happens. If the car is not running, I can accelerate fully without any restriction.
Before, the only problem that I had is the car has some delay to respond when I pressed the gas pedal, but I used to deal with it. It was slow to respond, but it never stall.
Please help!

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
Duplicate post.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts