Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I'm driving a RAV4 2000. The battery needed to be changed, then the muffler followed. Since then, I noticed that it's difficult to move the car or to increase the speed ( after more than 10 mn warm up); the rpm is unsteady. When I'm forcing and step on the gas, there's a noise coming from under the car. Even if the speed reach 60 mph, the car is barely moving. Some changes have been made to fix it: new fuel and oil filter, spark plugs, wire plugs. But the issue remained with a lot of frustration. Is anybody experiencing the same problem or had found a solution? Please help me!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
10,227 Posts
Hi there,

I'm driving a RAV4 2000. The battery needed to be changed, then the muffler followed. Since then, I noticed that it's difficult to move the car or to increase the speed ( after more than 10 mn warm up); the rpm is unsteady. When I'm forcing and step on the gas, there's a noise coming from under the car. Even if the speed reach 60 mph, the car is barely moving. Some changes have been made to fix it: new fuel and oil filter, spark plugs, wire plugs. But the issue remained with a lot of frustration. Is anybody experiencing the same problem or had found a solution? Please help me!

Thanks
I'd suspect the exhaust system. Some kind of a restriction. Either somehow related to the new muffler or a clogged catalytic converter.
Mow many miles? Why & when was the muffler replaced?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply! The engine has reached around 90k miles. The muffler was broken and they changed it by the end of February.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts