Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am new here.

I have rav4 2003 (restyling) 2.0 D4D for almost a year, and lately trip computer started displaying that my average consumption is 13.5 liter per 100km.
But when I change to current consumption and when I am driving and when i release pedal he is showing 35 liters consumption. And more I add gas it is showing smaller number.

Anyone had this problem before?

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Since you have a 2.0 D4D, I assume you are not in North America, so I have no experiences with the various options on your RAV.

So, just guessing, do you have an option to change from L/100km to MPG?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I am not in North America, I am in Europe. And as @pico said that comes 17.42 MPG.

My regular consumption that was earlier displayed was 32.6 MPG. And now when I manually calculate it comes around that 32,33 MPG.

So it is just problem with trip computer

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
But when I change to current consumption and when I am driving and when i release pedal he is showing 35 liters consumption. And more I add gas it is showing smaller number.
That is what you would expect on a gauge that displays MPG. With a gauge that displays L/100km you would see a low number when you release the pedal, and a higher number when you add gas.

Since it seems to be showing the characteristics of a MPG gauge and not the L/100KM that you are accustomed to, that is why I suspect an option is changed.

My regular consumption that was earlier displayed was 32.6 MPG. And now when I manually calculate it comes around that 32,33 MPG.
Now I am confused because in your first post you said the RAV displayed L/100KM and now you say the earlier displayed value was 32.6 MPG.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was just converting to MPG so it will be easier to you guys. @Rickl I just went to my car and checked in which unit it is displaying and it is km/l so basically as you said it had behavior same as it should be if it is displaying in MPG.
Probably some how I changed in which unit it is displaying, but i dont have idea how I did it.

But anyway when I switch from 13.5 km/l into L/100km it comes to 7.4 l per 100km which is totally ok!

Thank you guys so much! Cheers!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I found these instructions on the Toyota Owners Club regarding the RAV 4.2, but I don't know if they will apply to your Serbian model.

"Make sure your radio is powered off.
Push in the top right knob, it will say bass but keep rotating it until you see the KMH/MPG then change it....."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts