Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've just become the proud owner of a 2005 XT3 RAV4 (petrol) having traded in my 2003 NRG RAV.

One of the things I've noticed which seems quite irritating, is that on engaging the steering lock (i.e. removing the ignition key and turning the steering wheel) it doesn't lock before you've rotated it clockwise about 180 degrees. The old RAV would lock after moving the wheel 20-30 degrees. However, if the wheel is rotated anti-clockwise, it locks in the place you'd expect it i.e. 20-30 degrees.

I've now checked with the dealer, who has tested this on another new vehicle. He says that it appears to be the same on the test vehicle too.

This may seem trivial, but I also use an additional security device which clamps around the steering wheel and feeds thru the steering wheel spokes. Very simple to fit on the old RAV as it rested in the right position when the steering wheel was locked clockwise, but now very awkward on the new one due to where the steering wheel now locks. You also have to use quite a lot more force to get the wheel around to the locking position.

Anyone else noticed this on the latest RAV's??

Thanks,
KJ

1 - 1 of 1 Posts