Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Looks like a dodgy photo chop job. Look at the profile of the tail lights in the pics...they are different in both pics. Plus the alloys and front bumper look like they're off the current RAV. The rear bumper area also looks dodgy and not uniform in some places.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know about that. It looks legit to me. It looks similar to the original drawings the orange and blue rav4 that were out.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
darn it it looks so ugly... I was thinking about getting the 06 when i saw the blue one... but this????... nah...

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agree......it looks terrible.....hope it's fake.....or else I'm keeping my -04.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry to spoil your post csis_agent but these pictures are just fake photoshops based on Toyota Europe RAV4 Press pictures of the 2004 RAV4. I seen these posted on the French RAV4 forum early this year, I should have posted them.

First fake photoshop picture is based on this stock Toyota Europe Press image. (The background looks very familiar :) ), Also no side indicators, No roof rails, No aerial on the fake picture)

Also the wipers of the next RAV4 will be hidden under the hood to protect people in the event of accident as wipers are know to cause injuries to people.

I think the second fake picture might be based on this picture

·
Registered
682 Posts
I don't think Toyota would make the 4.3 look as ugly as in those photo chopped pics. Look at the style of current Toyota and Lexus models...they all look pretty nice. If Toyota made the 4.3 look outrageously fugly they can kiss their sales goodbye and the RAV4 will not be the number 1 soft roader any more (at least in Oz).

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well....does anyone have any pictures that are not fake then? I've seen so many pictures now of the -06 RAV that I don´t know what to believe.....

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am SO HAPPY TO BE WRONG!!!
That was a really bad looking Rav4.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
epitaph said:
Well....does anyone have any pictures that are not fake then? I've seen so many pictures now of the -06 RAV that I don´t know what to believe.....
None available, About the only real spy shots which are either computer generated or clay models are these of the 2006 RAV4 :-

These pictures are from the Japanese Magazine Mag-X.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya ok i'm relieved...

well who ever photochopped those picture really needs to take some design courses... my brothers goes to Art Center College of Design in Pasadena where they have automobile design ... and I've seen those guys work... incredible... nothing like this piece of crap photoshop style.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If the rumours are to be believed that the 4.3 RAV will have 3 rows of seating, they are going to have to stretch the wheelbase and none of those pictures could be the next RAV. Seems an easy way to tell if a picture could possibly be real or not (adding in other factors of course).

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shouldnt the new 2006 Rav4 release THIS YEAR???? like around summer late summer ... I guess thats when we are going to see the ACTUAL REAL DEAL...toyota are really doing a good job keepin this a secret :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok.... now I can't wait anymore

Why do I have to start the research so early? Now after looking at so many pictures (fake or not fake), I am dying to see the next RAV4. Not that it matters to me. It took me 4 years to pay off my current RAV4. I don't think I can ever have a car payment now. Not until I have a house, furniture in the house and my kids are done with their education, I can afford to even look at a new car. May be 2011 model year (4th gen.) !!!!!! Do you guys know what that might look like??!!!! May be all will be hybrids/elecrics/fuel cells by then !!!
May be I will get me a used 2006. May be I should hold my horses and wait to see the ACTUAL car.... !

1 - 18 of 18 Posts