Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I do have the time to have a preventive maintenance of my RAV4 07.
Here are the jobs that I performed.
1.C.O.F- Mobil 1 5W-20 FS extended, genuine Oil Filter 90915 YZZF1
2.Replace air cabin filter genuine toyota.
3.Replace air filter K&N
4.Replace rear wiper blade.
5.Replace Serpentine Belt genuine toyota
6. Brake cleaning front and rear
7. Replace lug bolt and lug nut in my front right wheel cause it was not holding anymore.

Accepting questions and help. Sorry I forgot to do some pictures.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can buy assenmacher special tool TOY 1914 it makes the job easier. Here are the steps.
1. Remove the radiator support opening cover.
2. Remove front fender cover Right Hand.
3. Remove Front suspension member reinforcement Right Hand.
4. Use the TOY 1914 and use the 19mm connect it to the tensioner to remove the Serpentine belt by turning clockwise the with in 3 seconds.
5.After removing the serpentine belt the installation is the same process/procedure when you remove the belt and other parts or the car.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way here are the tools needed.

1. 17 mm box wrench for the removing the bolts of the front suspension member.
2. 21 mm for the lug nut removal when you remove the front RH wheel.
3. 10mm socket removal of the front fender cover. flat screw for the removal of the plastic screws.

It will take an hour to finish the job. And you can search here in the forum the 2006 service manual for download. I just don't know how to copy paste it here. sorry about that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If you can buy assenmacher special tool TOY 1914 it makes the job easier. Here are the steps.
1. Remove the radiator support opening cover.
2. Remove front fender cover Right Hand.
3. Remove Front suspension member reinforcement Right Hand.
4. Use the TOY 1914 and use the 19mm connect it to the tensioner to remove the Serpentine belt by turning clockwise the with in 3 seconds.
5.After removing the serpentine belt the installation is the same process/procedure when you remove the belt and other parts or the car.
hi any photos of tensioner showing 22mm nut position any will help i have a rav4 2.2 2006 the rav4 2.2 2006 september diesel tensioner moves anticlock ways
thanks [email protected]

·
Registered
11 Posts
By the way here are the tools needed.

1. 17 mm box wrench for the removing the bolts of the front suspension member.
2. 21 mm for the lug nut removal when you remove the front RH wheel.
3. 10mm socket removal of the front fender cover. flat screw for the removal of the plastic screws.

It will take an hour to finish the job. And you can search here in the forum the 2006 service manual for download. I just don't know how to copy paste it here. sorry about that.
Attempting to replace my serpentine belt and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get those stupid plastic fasteners out without breaking them..... any ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Use a flat screw driver to pull out the middle.
yea i figured it out... i guess in my haste to rip those stupid things off i bypassed the simplicity of how they attach.. lol

Well... one new serpentine belt on.... easy job! Way less difficult than i thought. DIY beats paying someone $160 for such a simple job.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's good to know; I have never replaced one.
Would be easier with an extra set of hands. (Or proper tools) I had to ratchet the tensioner from the bottom while my wife slipped the belt over the alternator pulley. Regardless.... Not an intimidating job at al.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Toyota document posted by Carbon is very helpful, but complicates things imo. How I suggest you do it:

Turn the wheels to the extreme right and jack up the car. Place a stand under the subframe behind the small panel which must be removed. There is no need to remove the wheel. The four plastic rivets will come off intact if the centre piece is pried from both sides with two flat screwdrivers. Try not to break these. Move the idler against its spring with a 14mm box wrench and push an allen key or similar through the hole. Use a short key so the belt can go over it. Put the belt on the pulleys you can access from the bottom. Disconnect the w/washer fill neck and move it out of the way. The coolant tank can remain. Place the belt around the alternator pulley from above. From the bottom, pivot the idler to its maximum - the allen key doesn't hold it far enough - and push the belt on. If the belt doesn't seat properly, rotate the engine with the 22mm crank bolt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts