Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a Rav4 I seen on Carfax for 108,000 miles and it's going for 10,500. I want to negotiate it down and pay with cash. Would that be a good steal or not? I'm tall, 6'5'' and a half. Been driving an Impala for 10+ years now and it's at 104,000, but it's starting to give problems ( Transmission needs fixing ).

·
Registered
79 Posts
These vehicles really do hold their value plus of course you want to try to talk them down and if you can prove that is mostly highway miles - it could be a good deal. As Scotty always says, make sure you find a good mechanic to do a thorough check before you buy it.

·
Registered
409 Posts
6'4'' here and I find my 2014 very comfortable.

Only real issues are the potential torque converter shudder.

·
Registered
409 Posts
2013-2015 are the official years Toyota claims have the issue.

Is the issue present on 2016 + ? Who knows.

·
Super Moderator
9,757 Posts
That price sounds high to me. Used car prices are dropping daily. I suggest searching on iseecars.com which will notify you of the latest price changes. I also use searchtempest.com and eBay. Plus there are a dozen more ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That price sounds high to me. Used car prices are dropping daily. I suggest searching on iseecars.com which will notify you of the latest price changes. I also use searchtempest.com and eBay. Plus there are a dozen more ....

The car was bought off. Bummer! The guy won't budge on his prices. Here's another in inventory. He wouldn't budge on 7500 or 8500:

I'll check out iseecars or wait til' later this year. Ty.

·
Registered
2013 RAV4 XLE Plus
62 Posts
Considering that more than 3-1/2 years ago I bought my 2013 XLE with 45K kilometers for 11K USD. It sounds high for me, I think some prices are over inflated nowadays. I heard rumors that KBB is now owned by a company that advertises car sales, so that will tell you how prices are being made up.

·
Registered
2014 Toyota Rav4 LE AWD
50 Posts
Take your time. You just have to check the car sites daily. I have found some great deals every now and then by just doing a daily search. Or set up an account so you can get alerts for what you are looking for. I have a separate email for things like this because you will receive lots of spam after.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts