Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gurus,

RAV4 2015 has a big drawback. While playing music on a flash drive, it will list ALL the songs does not display different folders. I have 4 different folders for film songs, talks, church hymns... It is very annoying to hear the film music when I play the church song :mad:. I should be able to select a folder and play only songs from that particular folder. Anyone else has this issue? How to fix this issue? :frown

·
Registered
211 Posts
First of all, Entune does not play songs by folders. It has its own way of categorizing all songs into, Albums, Genre, etc. Therefore, your choice for playing music is the same. You can change the music tags to the catagories it uses. For example: change the genre to your folder names or change the Album names to your folder names. It will then play by the categories you have chosen.

·
Registered
551 Posts
First of all, Entune does not play songs by folders. It has its own way of categorizing all songs into, Albums, Genre, etc. Therefore, your choice for playing music is the same. You can change the music tags to the catagories it uses. For example: change the genre to your folder names or change the Album names to your folder names. It will then play by the categories you have chosen.
I play songs via flash drive and this is what I've figured out on my own.
Entune finds all mp3s on a usb drive including mp3 files in folders.
The software then categorizes all the songs by reading the ID3 tags which
are part of the mp3 audio compression standard/protocol.
ID3 tags which are stored in mp3 files' "headers", have various song information which include the following data:
Code:
Title  : Artist:
Album  : Year: Genre:
Comment: Track:
TPE2 (Band/orchestra/accompaniment):
TIT2 (Title/songname/content description):
TPE1 (Lead performer(s)/Soloist(s)):
TALB (Album/Movie/Show title):
TYER (Year):
TRCK (Track number/Position in set):
TCON (Content type):
TPUB (Publisher): Atlantic
WCOM (Commercial information):
COMM (Comments): ()[eng]:
APIC (Attached picture): ()[, 3]: image/jpg, x bytes
Folder names are pretty much ignored in the categorization process if you will.

·
Registered
644 Posts
We discussed many times this topic. I contacted Toyota and they confirmed that and will NOT fix it.
I almost traded in my new RAV4 to Honda, because of the headunit, but ended up swapping 7" headunit to 6.1" with CD. CD plays folders.
Everyone agree the Entune radio is a total garbage including JBL.
I am sure there will be no update of any type of fix.
Solution is to replace headunit to aftermarket.

~ 2016 Toyota RAV4 Limited (Gas) Electric Blue ~

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just load a bunch of music into some folders and then try to just play out of a folder. Make sure the music has different album names within each folder. You have a 2016, and I bet you will not be able to see the folders. What you will see is the way Entune indexes the folders, but not the actual folders.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just load a bunch of music into some folders and then try to just play out of a folder. Make sure the music has different album names within each folder. You have a 2016, and I bet you will not be able to see the folders. What you will see is the way Entune indexes the folders, but not the actual folders.
It's possible this is a problem only in the 2015 Entune infotainment systems

·
Registered
42 Posts
mp3tag free software

I solved this problem with this software " mp3tag"
It is a free software.

With this software, you can open a folder with all mp3s. Then you can change their Album names to the name that you like.
Then you do this for each folder of your flash memory.
When you go to your entune player, when you choose to see the album names, you see your names that you want.
Cheers!

·
Registered
211 Posts
I solved this problem with this software " mp3tag"
It is a free software.

With this software, you can open a folder with all mp3s. Then you can change their Album names to the name that you like.
Then you do this for each folder of your flash memory.
When you go to your entune player, when you choose to see the album names, you see your names that you want.
Cheers!
Yes, I use a program called Tagscanner, which does the same thing. I just mass change the Genre, or album to something unique and then all the music is loaded in one folder and Entune sorts it all out by album or genre.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts