Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rav4 LE 2015 ECU wiring

Can someone help me with an idea of how to join each cable to the other proper one.The wires has been cut due to misunderstanding but now we dont know which is connected to which to get the engine going.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,103 Posts
Wow, :egad: what a mess! You could spend hours going over schematic diagrams, but the best you can do at this point is make sure all the colors match and the connections are good, meaning well soldered. Any problem or mistake would likely cause a non-start at minimum or possible damage to the ECU.
The whole thing makes me wonder what the "misunderstanding" was and what other destruction accompanied it.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Omg!!! Totally agree with Dyno. What a mess. Very curious about this misunderstanding. "Honey please put gas in the car"............"oh sorry, I thought you said pop the hood and cut the ecu multi conductor cable"........." so you didn't put gas in the car? No wonder it won't start".

Anyway, as stated, if all of the colours are different just match them up. If you have several of the same colour and gauge wires you may be in trouble. No offence, but the fact that there's haphazardly applied electrical tape instead of actual heat shrink makes me assume the wires are not soldered well, or perhaps not even at all. I'd have that professionally repaired. Well I wouldn't, but you should.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts