Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RAV4 2015 is 19K miles. No warning lights on before the update.

I just had UHaul install a hitch and electrical wiring. Upon install, I have the airbag and VSC warning lights on. UHaul has not been able to diagnose in the last 3 days. They claim that their install should have not impacted the car.

All I know is that my car warning lights are now flashing... Any ideas?

·
Registered
551 Posts
My RAV4 2015 is 19K miles. No warning lights on before the update.

I just had UHaul install a hitch and electrical wiring. Upon install, I have the airbag and VSC warning lights on. UHaul has not been able to diagnose in the last 3 days. They claim that their install should have not impacted the car.

All I know is that my car warning lights are now flashing... Any ideas?
All signs point to electrical wire hitch.
Do the warning lights still go on if you disconnect the hitch wire harness?

·
Registered
428 Posts
Usually they upgrade the flasher unit which is usually around or under the dash. I'd ask them that question because they may well have compromised another connection. Of course they will say they don't believe it was an issue they caused, that is SOP for many of these places. Making someone else pay for their incompetence puts more money in their back account.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I have an appointment with Toyota. $99 diagnostic cost.
I will bill Haul since everything ws working before. Those guys dare to tell me a bulb was dead... Weird when it worked when i dropped of the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The breaker is nothing special. just next to the battery.

Toyota found that U-Haul messed up the calibration, which triggered the VSC warning. But they are saying something is messing up the airbag. They want to remove my remote starter ($99) to see what it will do. I called Precision Sound which installed the remote almost a year ago and they said that this cannot be their device fault, it uses different circuits.

So I am stuck with a 10 month old car with no airbag. Thanks U-Haul and Toyota!

·
Registered
551 Posts
The breaker is nothing special. just next to the battery.

Toyota found that U-Haul messed up the calibration, which triggered the VSC warning. But they are saying something is messing up the airbag. They want to remove my remote starter ($99) to see what it will do. I called Precision Sound which installed the remote almost a year ago and they said that this cannot be their device fault, it uses different circuits.

So I am stuck with a 10 month old car with no airbag. Thanks U-Haul and Toyota!
*note to self* don't let U-Haul touch wires.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts