Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love my new rav4, but i got into some problem
yesterday.
I was loading my baby's stroller and tried to close lift-gate with it's automatic open/close mechanism. It didn't close all the way so I pushed it with my hand and it locked(should have not done that). Now, it won't open or close automatically :( what I can hear after pressing the button on key the motor running, but suddenly it quits and stops working. I did some basic trouble shooting like opened it manually opened all the way and then press the button on key and also as per the manual pushed lever to the motor but it came right back don't know if it has to stay in one place...

..i can hear the motor and the gate moves for a second and then it stops...don't know if it is a sensor problem ...I am taking this to the dealer tomorrow but just curious to find out what could be the problem for future reference you know.:D

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Previous reports of similar issues were reportedly caused by the control module (electronics).

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't know if this idea will work, but worth a try:

Disable the power lift gate and then open it manually. After removing or adjusting the stroller, then enable the power, and try closing.

Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts