E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: RAV4.3 versus hyundai sante fe

geudens said:
hyundai sante fe is almost a copy from RAV4.3

[/img]www.autoweek.nl/images/800/16566.jpg
Are you trying to decide between the two ?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I only want toyota

I testdrive the RAV 4.3 V.I.P.(belgium)
it was the diesel 135 hp ,full option

I like it

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
geudens said:
I only want toyota

I testdrive the RAV 4.3 V.I.P.(belgium)
it was the diesel 135 hp ,full option

I like it
If you get one, please post a picture of it. Thanks.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree. The duals on the V6 would have been killer. So jealous we cant get diesels here.

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
OK, but the SantaFe is a larger vehicle -- it's been upsized to Honda Pilot proportions. If you don't mind the larger size and lower gas mileage, more power to you -- I don't consider the RAV and the SantaFe to be in the same size class.

I've mentioned before... it looks like more of a progression of the RAV4.1 more than anything (other than the first SantaFe).

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
purduealum91 said:
I agree. The duals on the V6 would have been killer. So jealous we cant get diesels here.
Diesel here in Wisconsin is about .20/gallon more than reg unleaded. This kind of offsets the gas mileage advantage of a diesel. Unless you have other reasons to want it.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
karrock said:
OK, but the SantaFe is a larger vehicle -- it's been upsized to Honda Pilot proportions. If you don't mind the larger size and lower gas mileage, more power to you -- I don't consider the RAV and the SantaFe to be in the same size class.

I've mentioned before... it looks like more of a progression of the RAV4.1 more than anything (other than the first SantaFe).
That's not nearly the size of our Pilot. look how small the cargo area is.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Derek said:
If you ask me, the 2007 Mitsubishi Outlander is an clone of the 4.3 RAV. :lol:
I would agree. The difference in my personal opinion however, is that the Outlander actually looks good.. Much less "bubbly" than the 4.3.. If the 4.3 looked like the Outlander, I'd be trading in my 2005/4 cylinder on a 2006/6 cylinder

Wayne

·
Super Moderator
1,565 Posts
Dan Dahl said:
That's not nearly the size of our Pilot. look how small the cargo area is.
The SantaFe on Hyundai's standard website is the old model -- even if you look at the "All New SantaFe" website the dimensions aren't there, have to go to the Korean website.

Did the conversion from millimeters for the SantaFe -- other numbers are straight from the manufacturers:

2007 SantaFe
Length - 184.0"
Width - 74.4"
Height 2WD/4WD - 67.9" / 70.7"
Wheelbase - 106.3"

2006 Pilot
Length - 188.0"
Width - 76.5"
Height 2WD / 4WD - 70.1" / 70.4"
Wheelbase - 106.3"

2006 RAV4
Length - 181.1" (w/ spare)
Width - 71.5"
Height - 66.3"
Wheelbase - 104.7"

2006 Highlander
Length - 184.6"
Width - 71.9"
Height - 67.9"
Wheelbase - 106.9"

·
Registered
420 Posts
Dan Dahl said:
Diesel here in Wisconsin is about .20/gallon more than reg unleaded. This kind of offsets the gas mileage advantage of a diesel.
A diesel is minimum 20% more economical, whereas .20/gallon is only 6.7% more if gas is $3/gallon. So the price differential does not offset the advantage of a diesel. You'd have to have $3.60 diesel against $3.00 gas before they match (even if we are pessimistic about the amount of the advantage).

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
zaitcev said:
Dan Dahl said:
Diesel here in Wisconsin is about .20/gallon more than reg unleaded. This kind of offsets the gas mileage advantage of a diesel.
A diesel is minimum 20% more economical, whereas .20/gallon is only 6.7% more if gas is $3/gallon. So the price differential does not offset the advantage of a diesel. You'd have to have $3.60 diesel against $3.00 gas before they match (even if we are pessimistic about the amount of the advantage).
Actually it's so retarded... in canada anyways. It was 20 cents a litre cheaper, but secertly recently because of "kyoto" there is a claim that diseal is more enivornmentally unfriendly (which isn't really true) anyways so they added another tax without the public really knowing.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zaitcev said:
Dan Dahl said:

of course, you have to calculate how you pay more for the diesel engine :). Important thing in europe is that resale is better with diesel...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Toyota should have copied the rear hatch door design. No tire hanging off the back is the better way to go. My biggest beef with the RAV has always been the rear door operation and design.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Stafford Meadow said:
Toyota should have copied the rear hatch door design. No tire hanging off the back is the better way to go. My biggest beef with the RAV has always been the rear door operation and design.
i am not sure if tire below is more practical... reason it is on the hatch is because it is more accessible. It also makes it look like an suv, like it should.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts