Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for all-terrain tires. The best appear to be Goodrich All-Terrain KO2s. I have a 2006 V6 4WD with stock 225 65 17 wheels. I want to do some off-roading with these, and use them in snow. Not sure the KO2 will work with the RAV4, given I haven't been able to find examples in any searches I've done. I've taken the RAV4 on some moderate off-roading in the past, but the tires were a hindrance.

I have looked at other options, particularly the Yokohama Geolander G015, but I am not impressed with those tires.

I'm pretty sure the KO2s are the best I can get, but I'm concerned no one else has put them on a RAV4.

I know the RAV4 is not a true off-road vehicle, but it is all I have.

Thank you.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I am running Cooper ATS4S, 235/65-17. Great tires. No noise, nice ride, good wear, great traction. Heavy, but very well built.

my brother used to run bfg's on his truck. They were pretty good. They wore down quicker and were kind of squirmy. They did make some noise but nothing horrible. Not sure if he still uses them.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just looked up the specs, and the ko2's in factory size are heavier than my coopers in a 235.
I would not really want to go heavier unless I had the v6 and bigger brakes. The coopers weigh 35 lbs and the ko2's weigh 39 lbs. I didn't want to go over 30 lbs, but the coopers were the tires we wanted and were the best bang for the buck, along with perfect reviews.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts