Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new 2016 RAV4 Limited w/tech package.
First, I've owned a dozen Toyotas, 4Runner, Solaris, extended cab 2wd pickup, 3 Prius, 3 RAVs, Corola. Love them all.
However top man on the totem poll the 16 RAV4 hybrid! Awesome, awesome car.
This post is my getting really picky on my all time favorite Toyota.
1) Absent a big beautiful digital speedometer
2) only 1 USB port needed at least 3
3) Rear seats do not fold all the way down
4) No HUD
5) no CD player
6) no real time MPG read out
7) no ECO bar to maximize MPG
8) driver doesn't get to enjoy awesome JBL speakers, Rear speakers too low to hear full surround.
9) didn't come as Toyota elite care package
To list everything I love about this car would take a lot of time and a lot of typing!
It is an awesome, awesome car I highly recommend it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just bought a new 2016 RAV4 Limited w/tech package.
First, I've owned a dozen Toyotas, 4Runner, Solaris, extended cab 2wd pickup, 3 Prius, 3 RAVs, Corola. Love them all.
However top man on the totem poll the 16 RAV4 hybrid! Awesome, awesome car.
This post is my getting really picky on my all time favorite Toyota.
1) Absent a big beautiful digital speedometer
2) only 1 USB port needed at least 3
3) Rear seats do not fold all the way down
4) No HUD
5) no CD player
6) no real time MPG read out
7) no ECO bar to maximize MPG
8) driver doesn't get to enjoy awesome JBL speakers, Rear speakers too low to hear full surround.
9) didn't come as Toyota elite care package
To list everything I love about this car would take a lot of time and a lot of typing!
It is an awesome, awesome car I highly recommend it!
7-7-16
Coming from a 2013 Prius v w/ATP, (flooded in April), I miss the four window auto up-down switches and that they were lighted.

Also, the two front doors had lower door lighting for night time entry.

Additionally, the DRCC-Dynamic Radar Cruise Control allowed the driver to hold the stalk for a short time to increase or decrease speed by 5MPH. Our RAV4 Hybrid Limited's system only increases or decreases 1MPH.

We were spoiled by only pushing the start-stop button to stop the engine in that now we have to move the console shifter to Park, then push the button to stop the engine.

The two-door glove compartment, lighted at night, is sorely missed. The cubby hole we have now spills items on the floor.

One thing that is constant is the Toyota hybrid system: it's excellent.

Regards,
archiveman2977

·
Registered
846 Posts
Hybrid Limited with Tech Package here:

-Dashboard (not instrument cluster) looks like $hEEt compared to the Lexus NX (very messy looking)
-Could have gone with 10k service intervals instead of 5
-No 110V outlet / no side mirror tilting upon reversing like the NX does
-Rear suspension kinda jarring
-Didn't include 4th generation Prius technology
-Steering is not as precise as manual/rack and pinion
-Fuel capacity a bit on the low side
-EV mode won't kick in most of the time even in ECO mode
-AWD not as good as non-hybrid AWD

=====

Stalks/stem for headlight and wipers and perhaps the ACC don't come on at night. :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
Entune issues

My only complaint with our 2016 Hybrid Limited w/TP is how the Entune system deals with USB flash drives. It seems to want to read the whole flash drive and create its own relational data base. It limits the amount of songs in a folder and on the entire stick. For me it created a problem, because I had my music in folders like Country, Classical, POP, etc. Each folder contained 1000’s of songs, and so Entune only read around 250 in each folder. For Audio books this is no problem, because books are usually less than 20 files and can be in their own folder. I ended up batch changing the album name on all my MP3s to be the same as the folder name. For example, the folder named Country had 2000 songs and so I changed the album name on each song to be Country. I then took all the music out of their original folders and loaded them into the flash drive at the root level. Audio books remain in their folders. When Entune reads the drive, it organizes the music into albums, which are the same as what I used to have in my original folders. This is a convoluted way to work around a poor Entune design. For the life of me, I cannot understand why Entune places these restrictions on flash drives. My Honda has other problems, but at least it just lists the drives folders and lets me play what is inside of them without any hassle. Another problem I have with Entune is that there appears to be no way to fast forward an MP3, which is a nuisance when I want to skip through a boring part of a book. The Honda does allow fast forwarding –not very well, but at least I can do it.

·
Registered
450 Posts
No small covered cubby hole storage. I really miss this. I live in city and have coins in film canisters for parking meters, small flashlight, wheel lock key nut, keys and other small stuffs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts