Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am an owner of the 2006 Rav4 in the middle east where we do not currently get the v6 versions. I have been looking all over for the v6 style chrome front grille (surrounding the toyota badge) but could not find them on sale anywhere. The dealer here said he might be able to order it for me if i get the part number for it.

Can anyone help please, whether it is the part number or a location I can purchase the grille from. :)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the reply, my car is a limited but apparently where i live it does not come on any of the cars and that is why the staff memeber i talked to was unaware of the part number and asked me to get it!, unprofessional of them i know

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
damn Toyota. WHY would the Limited in the US have the chrome grill and the Limited in other countries not???? Stupid.. Maybe your gonan have a hard time getting it over there if none of the models have the grill to begin with. Take a look at my album here to see my chrome grill. Is this the one you want?

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice red rav u got there 8), yup this is the grille its in the european and American market but not here in the middle east. The dealer said they can order i for me so long as i get the part number to help them look it up :shock:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello, a salesman in montreal gave me this as the part number for the Limited Chrome Grille - 5310142180- is it possible for anyone to doublecheck or confirm this for me? before I go in to try and order this grille, its proving alot harder than i expected it to be.

·
Registered
392 Posts
As far as I can tell, it's the right part number for the Limited chrome grill.

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you want just the trim plate it is $35.07 plus shipping from toyotapartscheap.com

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=214001&chapter=ARM8450&appSectionid=53501&groupid=51820&subgroupid=3582&componentid=8057&make=34&model=Rav4&year=2007&graphicID=8450015&callout=6&catalogid=2

My question: I looked at the assembly instructions, and it sounds like there are 12 screws that hold it on, but I checked my Base, and I don't see holes for the screws. I thought all the grilles were the same, anyone know?

·
Registered
953 Posts
moerdogg said:
If you want just the trim plate it is $35.07 plus shipping from toyotapartscheap.com

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/index.cfm?action=getLocator&siteid=214001&chapter=ARM8450&appSectionid=53501&groupid=51820&subgroupid=3582&componentid=8057&make=34&model=Rav4&year=2007&graphicID=8450015&callout=6&catalogid=2

My question: I looked at the assembly instructions, and it sounds like there are 12 screws that hold it on, but I checked my Base, and I don't see holes for the screws. I thought all the grilles were the same, anyone know?
They are not the same. In other words, the sport grill is not the limited grill minus the chrome areas. It's not very "Toyota-like" that's for sure.

Chrome overlay for the limited grill can be modified by grinding off some tabs and perhaps double-sided taping it to a sport. It willl probably still look decent from a far.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have a look for a new member on here called Parts_King, (he is also a member on TOC) he is a parts manager for a UK Toyota dealer. He will give you price and shipping costs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I cut the tabs off and used dbl-sided tape to install the chrome section onto my base rav. Check my album for pics...does not sit as flush as the limited grill...but no one can tell its not all one oiece, Tim

·
Registered
395 Posts
wingdr said:
I cut the tabs off and used dbl-sided tape to install the chrome section onto my base rav. Check my album for pics...does not sit as flush as the limited grill...but no one can tell its not all one oiece, Tim
Nice job. Did you buy the 3rd line separate from the main chrome trim ?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yes, I think it's a 3/8" piece of chrome from pep-boys...self stick...just cut to fit, about 31 1/2" long......Glad you noticed it...look's pretty good up close.. Tim

·
Registered
136 Posts
Nice job, wingdr! I might have to try that, it looks pretty good. I assumed they did that from the factory, but apparently not. On the other hand, I can get the whole grille for $110, so maybe next time I have some extra cash I'll go for it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts