Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Did the 2006 RAV4 styling match the concept drawings?

• It's not a RAV4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat

• No

• Yes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody remembers way back when the first rumours and photochops came out of the new 2006 RAV4? I distinctly remember this blue one especially:

Here is what the 2006 RAV4 looked like:

Who feels that the 2006 RAV4 came close to matching the styling of the concept drawings?

S

·
0 Posts
It was not an concept. It was just an photoshop. They used touareg and rav4 styling clues, that was it.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess if you look at the photochopped RAV4, Chevy/Daewoo S3X, and new 2006 RAV4; they all look the same. :lol: Actually the 4.3 RAV is so bland in styling that I now drive right past them without even noticing that they are the new RAV4s. They blend in with all of the other modern SUVs on the road. :?

My point is, I wish Toyota would have taken the 4.3 design to the next level. That particular concept drawing that was revealed to us a year ago generated a lot of excitement for the next generation RAV. Too bad that what was actually produced has turned away a lot of former RAV4 owners. Just venting my frustration. This topic was not created to offend any 4.3 owners; sorry. :oops: :wink:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts