Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anybody tell me what the differences are from the 2001-03 and 2004-05 models in terms of the bumpers, etc? I have heard they made changes on the current RAV4 from the older ones (such as a shorter/longer rear bumper?), but I do not know of the changes. If anyone can help that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I haven't found a complete list but here's some cobbled together. Anyone have a complete point by point list?

The RAV4 gets a mild restyling with a new front bumper, grille, headlights, taillights, and spare-wheel cover. Inside, the instrument panel and the steering wheel are redesigned. A new 161-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine replaces the previous 148-hp, 2.0-liter four-pot. The suspension and the steering are retuned, and the rear brakes go from drums to discs.

Changes for this model year include the addition of standard air conditioning, cruise control, power locks/windows, and power mirrors. The interior now features a cockpit style instrument panel with gauges illuminated in orange, optional side impact and head curtain airbags, multi-function center console consisting of adjustable cup holders in the front and rear, power outlets, storage compartment and armrest. Options this year include leather seats, Sport Package and an Upgrade -L+ Package which features equipment such as heated mirrors, leather-wrapped steering wheel, fog lights and rear privacy glass.

Stability, traction control, and ABS are now standard.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Important

Just adding my comments to nouse4aname's note above....

I really liked the rear tire "L package" cover from 01 thru 03. The tire covers for the "L" models from 04-05 do not look as "expensive" as the 01-03 models. May be because they are thinner and that is why.
Turn signal used to be in the front bumper right above the fog light but now they only have the big round foglight and the turn signal is above the orange parking light, in the big light.
The middle of the instrument panel (silver line) used to be round and now it is more rectangular.
One thing I noticed about the 4WD models that were NOT "L", had the UNpainted fender flares (plastic) standard in 01 and 02 but I don't see the unpainted versions anymore. It think they looked nice. Only the L ones can get the flares now and they are all painted. I have pained ones myself but just something I have noticed that is not available anymore, if you care. Atleast from what I have seen.

·
Registered
471 Posts
hey there is a great web site that allows to compare cars side by side
www.cars.com
you have clik on research input your info and then theres a link that says side by side comparison right under big purple button that says Shoping advices. It's kinda hard to find at first but once you find it becomes really helpfull.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts