Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm the owner of 2021 Rav4 so called black edition, it's a beautiful car but what I find the most boring is the main display. I was just wondering if I get it somehow interesting by adding apps and so on. I watched some reviews but it seems the are just general talks. I want the following:
1. Is there anyway to customize home screen as I wish? I see three tabs there, two small and one big on the right. For example I want to see hybrid information graphics in the big one, but I can't manage to do it, the only way is menu-info-and then it shows on the whole screen.
2. I has option called "wifi power" I simply can't understand what it is.
3. is there any way to have an Youtube app there? in android auto I can't see it, also connecting a phone every time with cable is very uncomfortable, is there any way to get it wireless?

So I want to make the display more interesting if it is possible.

·
Registered
214 Posts
No video apps allowed no entunes on 20 and up rav4, but can use Android and Carplay no video apps.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Maybe install something like this, and use one of those dashboard apps?
Unless I'm missing something here, the AUX input was removed from the 2020+ models. In the video he mentioned that the car did not have AA so he installed his device on a 2019 model which has an AUX port. So, I believe his device will only work on 2019 RAV4's. He also didn't mention if the phone needed to be modified, such as jailbreak. It would appear he's using the AUX input for whatever device is behind the dash that was added on so wireless connection to this added device and utilizing the built in video media capability would indicate that the phone might be unmodified. Just some thoughts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you all. Sound very annoying that in 2021 car you can only use your display for navigation and some staff seen in 2010 Prius, disappointing.
even that hybrid screen, I haven't been able to make it appear on home scree, you have to click menu, then info and after this you see it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts