Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fun afternoon yesterday. Was hit by a semi who was merging onto the highway. driver didnt stop and required a chase to pull him over. said he didnt see me or feel any contact...

good times.

body shop says 4k in repairs.

anyway for what its worth, i think the rav may have saved my families life yesterday. it was tall enough not to go under the trailer...

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Scary stuff - semi vs. RAV! Good news that apparently no one was injured and that the RAV's build saved lives!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no injuries. was lucky to get out with only dents and scrapes to the side of the rav.

left the wife who was riding in the pasenger side quite shaken.

amazing how quickly these things can happen. my reaction time wasnt equal to getting us out of that jam.

body shop gave me a kia rondo to roll around with during the repairs. shes no rav4! but will do the job. ?

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
no injuries. was lucky to get out with only dents and scrapes to the side of the rav.
left the wife who was riding in the pasenger side quite shaken.
amazing how quickly these things can happen. my reaction time wasnt equal to getting us out of that jam.
body shop gave me a kia rondo to roll around with during the repairs. shes no rav4! but will do the job. ?
It's all good when you and your family can walk away from it. Cars can always be repaired. Well, not always, but you know what I mean!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Add my voice to the ones who are grateful nobody was injured. Our reaction time is what it is--so many variables involved that you can't blame yourself. Glad the car took the brunt of it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the kind words.

taken me a few days to get back behond the wheel again. lol

cars now in the shop for repairs. hopfully they do a nice job!

·
Registered
9,024 Posts
Let us all know how the repairs turn out. Also, hopefully there won't be any more such close calls!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts