Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 4 door RAV4 automatic.
Just recently whilst travelling at 120 kls/hr the engine revs dropped off and would then not go above 2200 revs. Every time the revs reached 2200 they dropped back to idle. A local Toyota garage investigated but could find no fault and on starting the car the next day the fault disappeared. Later that day the same fault occurred and I got the car back home at 75 kls/hr (below 2200 revs). The next day the fault had disappeared again.
Any ideas??

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
try borrowing and swapping out the ignition module if you know of another rav in your area.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PhilK said:
I have a 1995 4 door RAV4 automatic.
Just recently whilst travelling at 120 kls/hr the engine revs dropped off and would then not go above 2200 revs. Every time the revs reached 2200 they dropped back to idle. A local Toyota garage investigated but could find no fault and on starting the car the next day the fault disappeared. Later that day the same fault occurred and I got the car back home at 75 kls/hr (below 2200 revs). The next day the fault had disappeared again.
Any ideas??
i have similar problem here... http://rav4world.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1195
just mine 1999 Rav4 Automatic changed some values...
in the 2200 you have - mine have ~2500-3000 and mine is not droping till idle... its dropping tilll ZERO :)... it STALLS... and same problem... no clue even with TOYOTA super computer... everything seems fine... still looking for reason... (p.s. check my post for more)
and i duuno will that thing dissapear... it just began today... and i left the car in service... will see what they will say tomorow...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts