Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a Limited Edition 2017 Rav4, and I'm 6'2 and 240lbs, I test-drove it and feel it's okay, although I feel it's alittle tight in space in the driver cabin. Anyone with this frame have driven daily commute and still feel okay and doesn't feel constraint (in the driver seat) ? How's the driver room compare to the 2017 Honda CRV ? Thanks ! :smile

·
Registered
14 Posts
My measurements, exactly. I added a bit of legroom and it made a big difference in driver comfort. About $250 and an hour of my time to do so--but hey, we're talking about a $30k vehicle here. Go to EXTENDMYSEAT.COM for details (I have no financial interest in the company.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It ain't easy being tall.

6'6" and 230lbs. Would love to have more lumbar support from the seats. I just use one of those lumbar pillows and get by just fine. Purchased the LE because it was the only model without a sunroof, which would have taken away that precious 1-2" of headroom I need. Removed the driver's sun visor because it interfered with my line of sight and because I really don't need it. Also, raised the driver's head rest beyond its top stop by using two 1/4" hose clamps to hold it in place. Would love to have the steering wheel telescope back another 1", but hey, I'm glad it telescopes at all! Both armrests (console and door) are too far forward for me to comfortably use while driving. Despite all of these apparent shortcomings (see what I did there), it is overall a comfortable ride for me, especially when compared to other makes/models out there.

All that being said, there is still enough room behind my driver's seat to fit a 6' tall person.
Go figure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It ain't easy being tall.

6'6" and 230lbs. Would love to have more lumbar support from the seats. I just use one of those lumbar pillows and get by just fine. Purchased the LE because it was the only model without a sunroof, which would have taken away that precious 1-2" of headroom I need. Removed the driver's sun visor because it interfered with my line of sight and because I really don't need it. Also, raised the driver's head rest beyond its top stop by using two 1/4" hose clamps to hold it in place. Would love to have the steering wheel telescope back another 1", but hey, I'm glad it telescopes at all! Both armrests (console and door) are too far forward for me to comfortably use while driving. Despite all of these apparent shortcomings (see what I did there), it is overall a comfortable ride for me, especially when compared to other makes/models out there.

All that being said, there is still enough room behind my driver's seat to fit a 6' tall person.
Go figure.
surprise....I can see you go extra mile to drive this Rav4. Kudos !:thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I'm shopping for a Limited Edition 2017 Rav4, and I'm 6'2 and 240lbs, I test-drove it and feel it's okay, although I feel it's alittle tight in space in the driver cabin. Anyone with this frame have driven daily commute and still feel okay and doesn't feel constraint (in the driver seat) ? How's the driver room compare to the 2017 Honda CRV ? Thanks ! :smile

I'm not tall but have some extra pounds around , at 5'09 and 220lb I found the seat a bit uncomfortable around the legs when the car was new, but after 18 months It seems that they broke in and doesn't bother me much.

I drove on a round trip fro Mia to Atl and the ride was much better than expected. We had a 13 CRV and probably is one of the most comfortable small size SUV I tried, big comfy seats also loved the arm rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,576 Posts
Seating in my wife's '10 CR-V is much more comfortable than that in my '11 RAV with upgraded upholstery. Would have bought a CR-V except for being able to get a RAV with the V6 engine and with exterior and interior colors I wanted. The RAV's seating feels somewhat cramped and even after multi adjustments is not comfortable for long trips. Sat in a '16 RAV Limited and the seating is no better than in my RAV.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts