Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,
Can you help me ,on my Toyota RAV4 2008 front power socket near radio is not working .Did check all fuses and they are OK. I check and there is no 12 V power on wire that came to socket.
There are 2 fuse box in engine compartmant and all fuses are ok .I found that only 1 fuse does not have any power .
Does any one know which relay is using for front 12V socket .
Any suggestion how to fix problem?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Toyota RAV4 2008 front power socket near radio is not working .Did check all fuses and they are OK. I check and there is no 12 V power on wire that came to socket.
There are 2 fuse box in engine compartment and all fuses are ok .I found that only 1 fuse does not have any power .
Does any one know which relay is using for front 12V socket .
The information I will provide is for the North American RAV4. I have no idea if this information will be valid for RAV4's sold in your country.

There are three power outlets on the RAV4. One located on the panel below the radio, another located inside the center console between the front seats, and the 3rd is located in the cargo area.

The outlet in the center console, and the one in the cargo area are powered by a 15A fuse (labelled PWR Outlet), and these 2 outlets are controlled by a relay.

The outlet you are having problems with is powered by the 15A fuse (labelled CIG). This fuse is located on the interior fuse panel of the RAV, and not under the hood. There is also no relay used in the circuit of this outlet.

The following diagram shows the location of the 15A CIG fuse, as well as the 15A PWR Outlet fuse used by the other two outlets

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
Is this a new problem, or was your front power socket working previously and then suddenly there was no power?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First thank you all for reply.
Rickl I did find interior fuse box but it is a litle bit diferent from you picture. I did check all fuses and all are ok. Maybe is somewhere els problem.
Blogson power socket was working fine and then stop working.

Could it be a problem with wiring?

·
Registered
9,167 Posts
I read somewhere on this forum that another owner had a similar problem. They checked the fuse and said that it was OK. But after they could not find another cause for the problem they changed the fuse anyway and used a new one, and that solved the problem.

Reactions: djtonytrixx

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Rickl I did find interior fuse box but it is a litle bit diferent from you picture. I did check all fuses and all are ok. Maybe is somewhere els problem.
Could it be a problem with wiring?
Did you find the fuse labelled CIG in the panel?

Sometimes it is difficult to determine which side of the label the proper fuse is located. The fuse in question should be blue in color.

Did you check the fuse visually only, or did you remove it and check it with an ohmmeter or continuity tester? If you only made a visual inspection I suggest replacing this fuse ( or swapping it with another) to be certain it is a good fuse.

Since you have not reported any problems with any other system ( e.g. Interior lights, Remote Control Mirrors, Key Reminder, etc. ), there is almost nothing else that could be a problem except this CIG fuse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow Thank you so much Rickl that work exactly how you described it. I actually changed both the power outlet fuse and Cig fuse. T hey definitely needed to be changed out so I am glad I did that. Thanks again!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Now talking about fuses on this thread, has anyone had issues with the bulbs in the air settings knobs and shifter? I think mine are not completely out because sometimes they light up and sometimes they dont. So im thinking now could it be a bad fuse? IF so which fuse would I have to change?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find the fuse labelled CIG in the panel?

Sometimes it is difficult to determine which side of the label the proper fuse is located. The fuse in question should be blue in color.

Did you check the fuse visually only, or did you remove it and check it with an ohmmeter or continuity tester? If you only made a visual inspection I suggest replacing this fuse ( or swapping it with another) to be certain it is a good fuse.

Since you have not reported any problems with any other system ( e.g. Interior lights, Remote Control Mirrors, Key Reminder, etc. ), there is almost nothing else that could be a problem except this CIG fuse.
OK, on Sept 19, 2015, djtonytrixx said "Wow Thanks .....". I have a 2015 Toyota Rav4. I have 2 cigarette lighter like power outlets and 1 USB port on front center console under radio, etc. worked fine for recharging my phone. Than last week, all of a sudden it didn't seem to be recharging very well. Phone recharges quickly at home. Then power got less, then outlets even started drawing power FROM my phone battery, then NOTHING. I changed 2 blue 15A fuses in fuse box under the steering wheel, NOTHING! I tested the sockets, NOTHING! I've been trying to find a wiring diagram to see if I'm missing something, Relay, wiring, other fuses, etc. But not having much luck. All other systems work from that fuse box. It seems strange that all 3 plug ins would fail at once. I haven't tested the fuses themselves, plugged in, + & -, yet. cuz I can't find my new test lighter pointer thing. I think I left it somewhere else than here. I was wondering if 12 Volt wiring from battery burned out or melted, cuz I have a problem with engine and compartment getting very hot. Something messed up that I have to work on too. But I can't find a wiring diagram. But if 12 V wire from battery goes INTO fuse box, thru fuses, then out to other systems and these 3 plug ins, then that can't be it, cuz other things work. So if nothing between 2 fuses and 3 outlets, other than wiring, i.e. no relays, other fuses, cut off switch, etc, then I don't know what is wrong. I do not have a outlet inside center console, or back of it for back seats, or in cargo area in rear. As you know, it is a pain to see anything under there, even if remove some plastic panel pieces. Any ideas? Thanks. I'm in Boston.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts