Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my rav4 got into a car accident while I was deployed to Iraq
It cost $3576.00 in parts and to fix it up . I am not mad that my rav4 got into a car accident . I miss my old head lights .
old head lights

new lights

man I miss my old head lights well Sh+t happens i guess .
yes everyone is ok from accident . now i have a new front end
even a new hood .
I guess it happen back in April .

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you are right

Any way Angel I will re do those lights again with in time you know I been back with my Family since 10-07-2005 So I am happy to be back in US driving my Rav4 . :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Franco, definitely save your broken headlights if possible. You can salvage them and re-do it again. Just follow exactly what Leslie did to mount them on the old headlights. I would recommend getting a 2nd set of headlights (used on eBAy are cheap), because it will take some time. But if the projector insides are still o.k., definitely redo it. :D

All you will need is another set of bull bars (they are on eBay all the time), and your RAV would look exactly the same as before. Good luck! :D

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no way

Derek Bro
The accident happen in April I was in Iraq my wife ask the dealer to save the lights but the threw them away Funny a Cadillac Dealer fixed my rav4 they did a nice job I have a new front end . I need you to e-mail me and give me leslie e-mail . I will try to rebuilt them again . In matter of fact give me a 1 yr I will re built them .the besides I have a new front end 8)

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got rear ended

You know I was waiting in line to let this car turn so i can go all of the sudden I see a car in my rear view mirror . and i said oh Sh+t
well she stop close to my car i went cool . next thing you know another car hits her car which hit my Rav4
man the whole door is damage the rear door won't open unless you force it open .
well I will post pictures later the rear bottom side of my rav4 is dented in . the inpact was so hard that it force my door up into the frame . well Sh*t happens
man what a day

·
Registered
875 Posts
I get a call from my mom saying they got into a car accident. Someone rear-ended them but they're okay. It was a chain thing. One car hit another car and that car hit the car they were driving. I didn't realize until after I hung up the phone that they were driving MY car! All fixed after $5,000 paid for by their insurance co.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. It hurts when you just got your RAV repaired recently. Care to tell us what happened?

Hopefully it looks like something that can easily be repaired by ordering and painting a new rear door panel. The rear bumper guard can be easily and cheaply obtained from eBay.

I hope everyone is alright from the accident, and that insurance will cover everything. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Franco i am truely sorry about the Rav and i know it hurts after you have put so much into it, but as Mensajero said it's only metal and you can rebuild. God be with you my friend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts