Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to remove the spare tire but the cover will certainly fall and rattle.

What do you think must be done.

Any recommendation will be apreciated.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have the 4.2 hard spare tire cover on my RAV and ran the cover without the spare for a short period of time when changing out a flat tire. It is possible to run without the spare tire because the lug nuts can hold the cover in place. To avoid the rattling and looseness which will probably occur, you might want to try stuffing a large blanket or such to fill the void where the spare tire sits. This will create some opposite pressure and hold the outer cover against the inner cover. Try it and let us know if it works. :wink:

·
Registered
49 Posts
How about picking up an innertube and inflating it enough to secure the cover enough from rattling, and if your ever at the beach or in the snow your set for fun :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
michaelp95 said:
How about picking up an innertube and inflating it enough to secure the cover enough from rattling, and if your ever at the beach or in the snow your set for fun :)

Now that's thinking outide the box! :eek:
Wouldn't have expected that kind of answer from someone in Arizona. Beaches and snow in Tucson? :?:

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
michaelp95 said:
This is certainly a marvelous rcommendation!

I am doing this because i don't travel that long from office to home. No need for spare tire. It will just create tension on the door since it is too heavy.

..... in my country, hundreds of beaches and hundred slands and cute girls at the beach....

·
Registered
396 Posts
I thought your reason might be because of saving weight for racing or something. The door's sturdy enough to hold the weight of the spare. I don't believe anyone's complained of their rear door squeeking or falling off if that's what you're worried about. I don't think taking it off is a good idea since you never know when you'll need it. And if you're in the Phil, you might want to keep it unless you want to get stranded somewhere you don't want to be, stuck in horrid traffic, or just get ripped off by the local tow trucks or garages.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts