Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two problems, one big, and one minor:

1. I have memory seats (well, I though so, but it was actually only the drivers seat). I'm taller than my wife, and I have the seat further down than her. When she presses her memory mode, the seat then elevates, causing the head-rest to press up against the roof!
Is there a fix to this? The head-rest is not included in the automated seat-system. Stupid!?!

2. The car runs a bit uneven at times, when altering between the electric and the combustion engines. I guess this is normal? Is it the same on Lexus NX300H?

·
Registered
16 Posts
2. The car runs a bit uneven at times, when altering between the electric and the combustion engines. I guess this is normal? Is it the same on Lexus NX300H?
Can you be a bit more specific about what you mean by 'uneven'? My RAV4 Hybrid twitches a little bit when the engine turns on - but I only notice if I am paying attention. By that I mean I can tell when the engine turns on but only because I am listening for it. But I couldn't tell you when the car transitions from electric to combustion power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can also notice when the engine engages, especially when driving slow. The issue is less prominent now as I have had the car a few months. It only happened when the power needle/gauge was at the indicator right between eco and power. It seemed like the car (or transmission) didn't handle the distribution of forces between the combustion- and the electrical engine so well then.

What about problem 1? Anyone else have issues with this? The memory function of the seat is useless if I don't dare to use it in order to avoid damaging the roof.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neck rest not implemented in memory seat

No, I'm 1.91 m tall, and my wife is 1.56 m. So she needs to rise the chair to the top, causing the headrest to be pressed hard against the roof if it is not manually lowered first to fit to her shorter neck.

Is the head restraint adjusted properly? Sounds to me like it's way too high.

Adjusting head restraints

·
Registered
93 Posts
Lower the headrest all the way. Adjust the seat to your wife's setting. Raise the headrest as far as it can go at that seat setting. Problem solved. Your wife must be driving with the headrest at your setting or it wouldn't be a problem. She would have lowered it prior to getting in the car. The midpoint setting as above is likely a good all around compromise setting that will never need changing. Alternatively, get a thick seat cushion to keep in the car that she can use when driving and the seat won't have to raise as much overall.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can try that, LDB415. The problem is, if she forgets to adjust the headrest before she presses the memory button, the chair will hit the roof, hard. Bad implementation of the memory function by Toyota! I guess the reason is to keep Toyota at a comfort distance from Lexus. Stupid when this is the result...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts