Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my RAV4 hybrid last Feb. 2020. I got some emails from Toyota reminder for maintenance. I checked Toyota.ca . 2 options either by mileage or age.

First of all, does maintenance schedule affect warranty?
By age I should book maintenance appointment, however by mileage I can wait until 8000 km. What do others think ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
We just brought ours in at 4700 for our 5000 mile check in. They rotated our tires and topped off our fluids. We also reported the fuel tank issue.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I bought mine in Fed 2020 as well, and face the same dilemma. I only have 2700 miles on it, thanks to Covid-19. Not sure if I will take it in in August or wait until maybe 4000+ miles are on it.

·
Registered
2020 Rav 4 Limited Hybrid
46 Posts
I called the dealer on that issue because at 6 months I only had 2200 miles. They recommended to bring it in for the free inspection and tire rotation to be sure not to have any warranty issues. Since it was no cost, I did take it in.

·
Registered
723 Posts
In the US schedule, and I assume the Canada schedule is similar, the 5000 mile interval is just for an inspection and tire rotation. Time isn't important for that interval, really, so I don't see any problems with waiting if it's inconvenient to go in right now. But the 10k interval has the oil change, and I would do that one on schedule either way (10k miles or 1 year, which ever is first).

·
Registered
2019 Rav4 XSE Blizzard Pearl
53 Posts
I believe we only get 4 or 5 maintenance from the dealer and there is a time frame to utilize the free service. If I'm not mistaken it last for 2 years since you bought the car. So when I bought my car in from diagnose a few days ago and was thinking if should do the maintenance as well since I had the car for more than a year now and with 7,000 miles. I ask the tech and he told me definitely do the maintenance because ones two years pass you wont get the remaining maintenance back.

Correct me if I'm wrong, that's just what I understood when the tech told me.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well, it covers normal factory scheduled maintenance for 2 years or 25K miles, which ever comes first. There is no mention of the number of times you can go, but it implies 5K, 10k, 15k, 20k, and 25k (so theoretically 5 times).

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got my RAV4 hybrid last Feb. 2020. I got some emails from Toyota reminder for maintenance. I checked Toyota.ca . 2 options either by mileage or age.

First of all, does maintenance schedule affect warranty?
By age I should book maintenance appointment, however by mileage I can wait until 8000 km. What do others think ?
It is time or mileage, whichever comes first. I personally skip all the dealer services and just do it all myself at home. <$10 for a DIY oil change nowadays so it’s not worth my time or gas to go to the dealer for the oil changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts