Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to research this prior to posting, but I didn't find any specific posts to setting up a sleeping area in the back of a 2016 Rav4 Hybrid. As some may know, there's a fairly large ridge in the back (I believe due to the hybrid system/battery) that prevents one from simply laying the seats flat and putting down a sleep surface. I've considered building an elevated platform in the back that would allow for laying flat, but it wouldn't leave much wiggle/head room when compensating for the ridge and the seats that do not lay flat. If anyone has any ideas or info/links on a best way to make this work (whether it's removing seats, etc or building the best platform above them) I would truly appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Try this type of cot. I had is successfully used in 2003 CR-V. I had to remove the rear seats and move forward the front passenger seat. And also removed the cot's feet.
Purchased at Costco.
I like this type of cot over classic - you can lift up the ends while the cot is in the car. You can store camping stuff under the cot and have easy access to it.
If it fits, please post your photos here. If not - take it back to Costco :)
Love Costco!
Also it is very soft and comfortable cot. And does not squeak :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts