Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this on Toyota Nation forum, abut engine on the above is from China, or at least some of the engine content is from China. Nothing conclusive was reached.
Anyone aware of this?

·
Registered
48 Posts
i'm a bit confused. it says 90% of the parts are from japan, but does the engine come assembled from china for installation into the vehicle in japan?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
100% rumor here. It may only mean that the engine blocks are made in China, or some other engine parts. There's certainly no credible evidence one way or another.

I love how quickly things become facts just because someone posts something on a message board and it gets repeated a couple times.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I checked mine before buying, and mine clearly says engine is from Japan and engine parts is japan since I'm a very OcD about cars being built in japan, I can attest when I was buying my car, I saw some hybrid engines are indeed from China and some are from Japan. I ofcourse picked the Japanese made one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I checked mine before buying, and mine clearly says engine is from Japan and engine parts is japan since I'm a very OcD about cars being built in japan, I can attest when I was buying my car, I saw some hybrid engines are indeed from China and some are from Japan. I ofcourse picked the Japanese made one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is it marked somewhere in the vehicle where the engine came from? all i know is the manufacturer sticker on the doorjamb, which dosen't apply here.

·
Registered
138 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
is it marked somewhere in the vehicle where the engine came from? all i know is the manufacturer sticker on the doorjamb, which dosen't apply here.

Before you buy your car, there is a small white sticker on the rear passenger driver side window that would say the breakdown of where is your vehicle and parts are made from

·
Registered
138 Posts
Saw this on Toyota Nation forum, abut engine on the above is from China, or at least some of the engine content is from China. Nothing conclusive was reached.
Anyone aware of this?

When I was looking to buy my car, I was upset when I first checked out the RAV4 hybrid the sticker showed this that the engine is from China, then I looked at another RAV4 hybrid, it clearly says Japan engine. So choose wisely cuz there are some Ravhybrids that engines are from China. Hope u don't choose that!!!

·
Registered
324 Posts
When I was looking to buy my car, I was upset when I first checked out the RAV4 hybrid the sticker showed this that the engine is from China, then I looked at another RAV4 hybrid, it clearly says Japan engine. So choose wisely cuz there are some Ravhybrids that engines are from China. Hope u don't choose that!!!
Unfortunately, more manufacturers are looking to China for parts....and fully assembled vehicles. I guess it's buyer beware, you need to check before you buy any car nowadays. Chinese cars are not something I am willing to own!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
How can we know where the parts are made?

I'm a photographer and my recently made German digital cameras are engraved 'Made in Germany'... while we all know that much of the parts are Japanese, the body parts are assembled in Portugal, and the QC sucks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
How can we know where the parts are made?

I'm a photographer and my recently made German digital cameras are engraved 'Made in Germany'... while we all know that much of the parts are Japanese, the body parts are assembled in Portugal, and the QC sucks.

Check Post #11

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
I doubt that it matters even one little bit.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
Everyone seems to have fun with their Chinese phones, tablets, laptops and other devices, why not a Chinese engine! :D

1 - 20 of 84 Posts