Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey ya'll,

Can someone please tell me how much having running boards changes the ground clearance on a 2016 RAV4 hybrid?
I am toying with acquiring them, but I don't want to loose the good ground clearance that I currently enjoy.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Here is a good video about the ground clearance and running boards on the RAV4. I would say no to running boards if ground clearance is important.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey ya'll,

Can someone please tell me how much having running boards changes the ground clearance on a 2016 RAV4 hybrid?
I am toying with acquiring them, but I don't want to loose the good ground clearance that I currently enjoy.

Thanks all!
Did you ever get the running boards? I just purchased a 2017 Hybrid and am looking at them as well.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2018 RAV4 hybrid limited and could not find a running boards or step boards that would fit due the lower plastic wrapping around the body of the car. Open the doors and they robbed the end of the boards. Spent 2 hours today with a mechanic and finally boxed them to return. Now, AutoAnything says if they are not new they will not refund my money. So frustrated.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Based on a previous comment, I would assume that the lower door plastic cladding on the hybrid is different from the non-hybrid but I can't verify this by trying to look up the part numbers. If they are then I would assume that if you replaced your Hybrid lower door cladding with the non-hybrid ones then the factory running boards should work. Something to do at a later time :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
So, I stopped by the local dealer and compared the bottom plastic trim on my Hybrid with a non-hybrid and I could not tell any differences, so I don't know why the running boards do not work on the Hybrid, maybe there is something in the way for mounting them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I talked with Toyota part dept and they don't have the running board for 2018 hybrid. They do have for non hybrid but they cannot tell me why. I think it is odd.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts