Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I put a bunch of winter Rims in my car, the trunk jammed cause one of the rims were in the way, after it jammed the trunk wont open or close, if I open or close it manually, the most it will do is pop 2 inches up or down.

I tried resetting it by pushing the trunk all the way up and holding down the trunk close button (5+ seconds) on the actual trunk. I'm trying to see if there is any way to reset the jam detection without going to the dealer.

Thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
So last night I put a bunch of winter Rims in my car, the trunk jammed cause one of the rims were in the way, after it jammed the trunk wont open or close, if I open or close it manually, the most it will do is pop 2 inches up or down.

I tried resetting it by pushing the trunk all the way up and holding down the trunk close button (5+ seconds) on the actual trunk. I'm trying to see if there is any way to reset the jam detection without going to the dealer.

Thanks

The RAV4 doesn't have a trunk! :wink

·
Registered
59 Posts

Thanks
It looks like this problem is addressed in the owner's manual, starting at the bottom of page 117... Looks pretty straightforward, but you can let us know!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you mean the part about adjusting height, or taking a screw driver to the trunk?

I ended up dropping by a dealer after work, they couldnt figure it out either, saying there was an error code, b2220 back door circuit... worse thing is itnscrewed up the steering lines for my backup camera now too.. so odd

·
Registered
59 Posts
do you mean the part about adjusting height, or taking a screw driver to the trunk?
The screwdriver to the trunk seemed to be addressing a "seized" motor - to drive open/closed the hatch door. But now it seems like you have an alignment problem - ugh - maybe only your dealer (body shop?) could fix the cattywompous now. I wonder if a fuse wasn't blown (circuit interrupted) in the process of overloading the motor when it tried to "force" that initial closing attempt...? Sorry No Help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so it finally got fixed, toyota ordered the struts.. I spent time there getting that replaced.. and it didnt work.. at the end they tried the ECM (which I feel they shouldve tried the first time, but wouldnt) and then it solved it. So it was a faulty ECM, which is also on backorder...

·
Registered
25 Posts
so it finally got fixed, toyota ordered the struts.. I spent time there getting that replaced.. and it didnt work.. at the end they tried the ECM (which I feel they shouldve tried the first time, but wouldnt) and then it solved it. So it was a faulty ECM, which is also on backorder...
What's an ECM?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts