Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just signed with Dealer for a 2021 hybrid LE, waiting time 4-6 week. dealer even did not ask for deposit, weird. I feel the the time may be much longer. Anybody get the new car delivered recently and how long you wait for it?

·
Registered
NC '19 Rav4 Hybrid Limited, Entune 3.0, Adaptive Headlights, Advanced Technology Package
1,758 Posts
Just signed with Dealer for a 2021 hybrid LE, waiting time 4-6 week. dealer even did not ask for deposit, weird. I feel the the time may be much longer. Anybody get the new car delivered recently and how long you wait for it?
Did your dealer tell you what factory the car was being built by? They should know and be able to track the car from allocation (dealer gets allowed to order and specify options) to scheduled to VIN assignment to build to completion to shipment. I knew even where the delivery truck was as various stages.

·
Registered
2021 Hybrid LE
127 Posts
Quebec, not Ontario, but I received mine 3 weeks ago. After a 7 month wait, which is twice what they had told me. On the other hand, the delivery apparently came as a surprise to the dealership so it's possible that production has picked up pace and you will actually get yours in a reasonable amount of time. My understanding of the whole process is that the number the dealership gives is just their guess based on previous deliveries.

·
Registered
XLE Hybrid 2021
116 Posts
Same as the above: QC, received mine late February 2021, ordered back in July and was told a 3 to 6 months wait time.

I was planning to go for a Prime but fall-back on the hybrid as I was not sure my car could make it through the announced waiting time. Turns out some people won on the "Prime lottery" and got them before I got mine even when ordered after I did. A bit upset about that but I understand it's not the dealer fault and this was really a gambling move at that time.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Limited Hybrid
8 Posts
4 - 6 weeks is about normal. The dealer submits the order to Toyota Canada for a slot in the production allocation. That gets transmitted to the plant around month end. Then the build process begins which takes about 2 weeks, then transport to the dealership. In your case transport won't take long because you're close to the plant. Then of course PDI / Prep / accessories as per your wishes...then delivery. All this doesn't take into account any delays due to shortages of production parts - such as the recent microprocessor shortages.

·
Registered
148 Posts
How about looking at dealers who already has one. Just need be flexible about color. They might charge little more, but you don’t have to wait

which province are you looking for one? Last year, I purchased mine from another province and got it shipped to home.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 XSE Hybrid
155 Posts
I guess I got lucky, I waited a whole week for mine :giggle:. My lease was almost up so checked with my rep and told him I wanted a 21 XSE hybrid. He checked their inventory and discovered they had two on order that were due to arrive in a few days. I took one of them. BTW, I'm Ontario, just north of Toronto.

·
Registered
2021 XSE Hybrid
51 Posts

I just went into the finance office last Saturday to apply for my financing. I am getting a 2021 xse hybrid with the tech package. They told me my delivery date is between 9th of April and 19th. That was the dealership in Kitchener.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My data point - Eastern ON. Put a deposit down 10 days ago. Blueprint XLE. Was in dealer pipeline, expected in a couple of weeks. No VIN yet but not an issue since we’re not going to dealership to finalize until the pandemic numbers start to seriously head in the right direction. Or the 2008 sedan that we’ve driven into the ground needs us to throw more money into it.

·
Registered
2021 XSE Hybrid
51 Posts
Dealer called today, Well .. Emailed as i'm an unlucky Rogers customer. Car arrived today. unsure when this week i will get it. Seems my dealer uses Rogers exclusively for all their phone needs. Damn Rogers.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts