Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'll get my new RAV4 Hybrid XLE this friday, of course with AWD-i (by default in Canada/USA). The other options I chose are block-heater and hitch.

The kids chose electric storm blue ;) It will make different because I always chose black!

This will replace my Golf Sportwagon TDI that VW will buyback in june. Would have prefer an 100% electric car or at least Hybrid Plug-in but there is nothing available for our needs for the moment. We wanted at least the same cargo space, AWD and more ground clearance (rude winter in here and we do a lot of alpin skiing) and good mpeg. RAV4 Hybrid will do the job for the 5 next years and will see then!

I would like to thank everyone on the forum because I've read a lot of interesting informations that was very usefull.

I will for sure give you a feedback later :smile

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello,
I'll get my new RAV4 Hybrid XLE this friday, of course with AWD-i (by default in Canada/USA). The other options I chose are block-heater and hitch.

The kids chose electric storm blue ;) It will make different because I always chose black!

This will replace my Golf Sportwagon TDI that VW will buyback in june. Would have prefer an 100% electric car or at least Hybrid Plug-in but there is nothing available for our needs for the moment. We wanted at least the same cargo space, AWD and more ground clearance (rude winter in here and we do a lot of alpin skiing) and good mpeg. RAV4 Hybrid will do the job for the 5 next years and will see then!

I would like to thank everyone on the forum because I've read a lot of interesting informations that was very usefull.

Nice choice!

I got the exact same, same color for the same reasons! :p

I added the cross bars for the roof, 3M rock deflector tape on the front, rear bumper protector and had them scotch guard the seats because we have 3 dogs + a dog pension :p

I will be adding an after marker hitch later this summer, the dealer's price was just to high for me

I've had mine for 2 weeks now and still find excuse to go for a ride every chance I get!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice choice!

I got the exact same, same color for the same reasons! :p

I added the cross bars for the roof, 3M rock deflector tape on the front, rear bumper protector and had them scotch guard the seats because we have 3 dogs + a dog pension :p

I will be adding an after marker hitch later this summer, the dealer's price was just to high for me

I've had mine for 2 weeks now and still find excuse to go for a ride every chance I get!
It's an aftermarket hitch (hiddenhitch/draw-lite), because like you said, the Toyota's hitch was something like 1350$, way too much for my needs. It will be easier to remove it or replace it later.

I already have Thule's crossbar that will fit, it's a good thing! I'll update my fuelly.com account also!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We are starting to see a LOT of blue Rav4 in Quebec City! We sill have to have a meet someday! ;)
Not much electric storm blue in Montreal I must say! An "electric storm blue Rav4 Hybrid get together" in Quebec? :laugh

Welcome fellow Quebecer...see you between the construction pylons ;)
Thanks! Hybrid, pylons.... all those words are electrics!!! :D

EDIT : oops, didn't see "construction" in front of pylons... hell yeah! Not using the car that much in Montreal though. More during the weekends. But I still hope that the suspension will be reliable enough for the streets of Montreal!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is a follow up after a week!
I just fuelled and I'm very impressed!

Did a total of 736 km (457 miles) with 47.6 litres (12.41 gallon), so it means 36.3MPG or 6.47 L/100km, which is very good! Computer was saying 6.6L/100km so I thought the reality would be worse but surprise it' a little bit better! Of course I was driving very smoothly, but most of the distance was on highway (about 110 km/h or 68 miles/h). I know it will not be that good each time but I'm very happy with that I must say. With my trailer and roof rack that I will install soon (for bike and cargo box), I know it will affect my MPG a lot.

I tried sport mode a bit after few days on ECO mode and it's almost a sport car! ;)

Well, makes me forget that I had a VW TDI in my previous life ;)

Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here is a follow up after a week!
I just fuelled and I'm very impressed!

Did a total of 736 km (457 miles) with 47.6 litres (12.41 gallon), so it means 36.3MPG or 6.47 L/100km, which is very good! Computer was saying 6.6L/100km so I thought the reality would be worse but surprise it' a little bit better! Of course I was driving very smoothly, but most of the distance was on highway (about 110 km/h or 68 miles/h). I know it will not be that good each time but I'm very happy with that I must say. With my trailer and roof rack that I will install soon (for bike and cargo box), I know it will affect my MPG a lot.

I tried sport mode a bit after few days on ECO mode and it's almost a sport car! ;)

Well, makes me forget that I had a VW TDI in my previous life ;)

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks for the update!

I'm looking to change my 2014 for a 2017 hybrid, so it's great to read some real life review.

What kind of trailer you will tow?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the update!

I'm looking to change my 2014 for a 2017 hybrid, so it's great to read some real life review.

What kind of trailer you will tow?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
Just a small trailer 8'x4' that I will use to do some home renovation. I will not tow heavy things though but it will be very usefull.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello,

Congratulations, its surly an interesting car to drive. Best of luck and many enjoyable miles...

Reactions: Swatch

·
Registered
38 Posts
Now I have driven about 4800 km and average is 6,7 l/100 km in the car's consumption meter. Actual is 6,74 according to the tanked liters. Daily I drive to work 28 km. 8 km is in a city and 20 km on the road with speed limit of 90 km/h. I have done some longer trips on the high ways of 120 km/h and 110 km/h. I'm very satisfied with this car - RAV4 Hybrid Premium.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You'll find with warm weather you'll get great mpg. I am ranging between 34-40 mpg over the last 3-4 weeks. Filled today and went 215 miles using 5.3 gallons = 40.7 mpg. Very happy RAV4 Hybrid owner.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In Finland we have done our best to fight against warming of the climate. The last three summers have been unusual cold and this summer is nearly catastrophic. Still in northen part of Finland there is about half meter of ice on the lakes and snow enough to arrange ski competitions!?! Even in the southern areas the temperature has been mainly below 10 centigrates and now and then snowing. There is a joke that Finnish summer is short and with a little snow - last summer it was on Wednesday. It seems that this summer it will be true�� So I will assume that the mpg will not be very high.��

1 - 13 of 13 Posts