Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Toyota rav4 with the 2.0 with the es-fe 4 cylinder engine that has 224,000 miles and today while drive on the highway it started missing pretty good to where it almost had no power at all so I stopped immediately and figured it needed plugs and wires so first I changed the plugs and it seem to help a little but not enough to matter so I changed the wires and it helped a little more but not enough to realy matter either so I then started the engine and pulled each plug wire off at a time and each one made a difference except for the 2 plug from the left so what does that mean? So now I'm at a loss what do I do I'm on a road trip an need to figure out what the problem is I only use 89 gasoline if that matters. Plz tell me something, anything.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
Could be a bad coil if you replaced the plugs and wires. What did the plug electrode look like from the cylinder that appears to be missing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The coil was replaced jua a couple of weeks before I bought the car and the hole that seems to be missing the plug that came out of there was the only one that looked almost burnt

1 - 3 of 3 Posts