Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the differences were between the L and base model. Just searching through the forum I found that.

1. Matching color trim, door handles, mirrors, etc - Looks like the plastic is dyed and not painted.
2. Leather seats. - This does not always seem to be the case.
3. better options than most.
4. Sealed shocks. - Anybody know why they did this?

I am also wondering what colors were available and can you transfer all this stuff over to a standard Rav4?

·
Registered
159 Posts
The only thing I can contribute is that fact that you can NOT easily carry over power options, things like power windows, locks and mirrors. The body harness is different between the power and manual cars and does not carry any of wires necessary to run those power accessories.

So while you should be able to carry over things like trim, wheels and suspension, do no assume that about anything electrical! I made this assumption and now, I am stuck with a parts car for which I have very little use :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I might have a parts car. Mine came with power everything so I might switch the door panels over and the interior. I need to grab the vin and see what options came with the wrecked one.

I figured Toyota would have a detachable body harness and that would be an easy swap.

I might swap out the bottom body cladding as well. That is why I was wondering what colors the L models came in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The interior in my L seems to be the same as other 98's I come across. It does have a power sunroof though, and power windows locks and mirrors. I've also noticed the body cladding is painted and most others are bare plastic. Mine is white with silver cladding. And a manual transmission.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I figured Toyota would have a detachable body harness and that would be an easy swap.

It is totally intergraded into the body harness, since I am junking what is left of my parts, car, I went through the ENTIRE harness and I extracted as much of power options wires I could isolate. It was a PITA! I do not see integrating it into my "good car" :(.

·
Registered
175 Posts
my 98 L does not have a center console, unpainted black mirrors black door handles, no rear spoiler attached to the rear door, no roofrack, aftermarket tinted windows for the rear doors windows etc( this was added in the us as you would notice with all the 4.1 s , non leather seats standard cassette radio with no cd changer as some of them had.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also just learned that my '98 L has a clear coat, and the '98 base model I took a fender off of does not. They are both the same color, "natural white", but they have different paint codes since one has clear added and one does not. Kind of a bummer as I wanted the fender to match, and it technically does, but looks much duller.

-Rob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I grabbed the cladding off a Rav4 with the K18 paint code. The trim is definitely white pearl mica but it is hard to tell if the body is natural white or that color. My car is natural white and it appears to have a clear coat. What is your paint code?

·
Registered
6 Posts
My paint code is K60. The paint code on the non clear coat Rav was 056. Same base color of natural white but K60 adds clear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts