Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heya RAV4 gods!

Whenever I create or edit a post with the text "rav4" all in lower case, when I preview or post it, all of the R A V letters get capitalized. However my website needs to have it lower case to work, or else when I insert a URL referring to my site, the "adjusted" link doesn't find it. Fr'instance, try clicking this link to [MY WEBSITE].. it won't work even tho I typed it correctly. Is there a way around this? Thanks!

..ChimChim

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
VeroLAN said:
Worked fine for me but I need your address to send my doctors bill for that migrane inducing font.
hmm.. I'm typing rav4 rav4 rav4 in lower case.. This is a test.

I just hit preview and it's changed it to upper case. Can someone reply and type "rav4" somewhere in lower case? Possibly someone not prone to headaches? I'm guessing it'll get capitalized in the post itself.

Sorry about the migrane VeroLAN :)

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
That's because rav4 is supposed to be capitalized... being an ACRONYM :D

Sorry if this gave any of you a headache. Our forum software automatilcy capitalizes rav4. Chimster... appears your above link is working OK. If this continues to give you problems PLEASE let me know and I'll change the settings :!:

S

·
0 Posts
CHIM CHIM

I am a web designer by profession, and a hyperlink won't care about capital letters. Unless you run java (php?) or another similar language (I use VBscript in ASP, so I odn't have to worry about this), capitalization doesn't matter. All your link is is a domain and subfolder, so there is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't work. I hope this clarify things a bit.

And, I clicked on your link in the topic view below while I was typing, and it didn't work. Why, because the WWW was missing. My guess, and this is for the admin, is that the script that replaces the links isn't working on the typing pages/preview pages for links. Just my guess.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts