Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2013 Rav4 Limited with all the bells and whistles. I was shocked to find out that the radio (100067) did not have SirusXM installed as the dealer had thought. After some researching I found that the SirusXM radio is optional in the Limited models. Who orders a limited and not option for the upgraded radio????

My question, is it possible that the 100067 radio can be replaced for the 100072 radio with SirusXM radio with limited wiring complications? Also is there a wiring diagram available for these radios? Please help!!!! My wife and I like to travel and searching for radio stations really sucks!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Do you also not have navigation and the app suite?

There are four available Entune units, the basic system, an upgraded with HD, "Premium" with XM, Nav, and the app suite, and the JBL which has everything.

I too would have thought that the Premium would be standard on the Limited. We've got it in our XLE.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The only benefit to XM, to me, was that when you traveled you did not loose the station. When I do travel, I have thumb drives, CD's with MP3 and my phone and those don't cost me money each month. I would give you my XM if I could. Main thing is, I don't like services that cost me money every month. How did I get off on this mini rant.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
The only benefit to XM, to me, was that when you traveled you did not loose the station. When I do travel, I have thumb drives, CD's with MP3 and my phone and those don't cost me money each month. I would give you my XM if I could. Main thing is, I don't like services that cost me money every month. How did I get off on this mini rant.
I couldn't agree more! Here in Canada the cheapest monthly plan is $16.00 a month before tax etc. Which is ridiculous when you consider netflix is half of that.

I wouldn't pay more than $5 a month even if I were interested.

·
Registered
334 Posts
.... Who orders a limited and not option for the upgraded radio????
I'll not waste money on Toyota head unit. Basic model (without navigation) will give you more freedom to upgrade by your self. You can replace it with Pioneer AVIC 8100NEX (I like that one), for example.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I've never even used the trial XM on the last 3 cars I've owned, let alone paid for it!

·
0 Posts
I negotiate with SiriusXM every 6 months. And my last bill was $28.46 for 6 months of "Select" Service (including all royalty fees and taxes).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts