1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G

·
0 Posts
I didn't care for the rear bumper or the air filter cover.

Other than that. I found it entertaining (pretty girls) :shock:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Headlights look OK.. Hmm.. projectors! or not! :)

This is what makes the name "Made in China" so much worse... come on.... there's a billion people and you're telling me NO ONE can come up with an original concept??

M

·
0 Posts
So Toyota doesn't bother selling anything in China? And no bloody wonder, with the respect that the Chinese law shows towards copyrights and intellectual property. At least the Chinese people can have the pleasure of driving around in something that at least looks like the RAV.

That steering wheel is absolutely hideous, it destroys the sporty interior feeling of the RAV - cheapens it somewhat.

O

·
0 Posts
The wheels on that yellow one are exactly the same style as the ones on our RAV.

I would suspect that the company that produce these vehicles are either part owned by Toyota or are built under licence from Toyota to avoid import taxes or similar reasons

T

·
0 Posts
that's not rav4 look a like... that is a rav4... just made trailer to china market... it's imported by a car manufacture called UFO...

R

·
0 Posts
ultima16888 said:
that's not RAV4 look a like... that is a RAV4... just made trailer to china market... it's imported by a car manufacture called UFO...
Absolutely............ we had a chinese guy come over from china for some work in our company and he showed this Chinese RAV4 to me last year on a website. Except it was 5 door.

Same thing is happening all over the world with diffent cars.

mitsubishi Lancer, bought by the Malaysian market is called Proton.

Every third world country that "buys"? a model from a manufacturer to be produced in their own country, puts their own name on the SAME car. The future models may be different.

I don't like it.

R

·
0 Posts
China does that with a lot of major items.
When I worked at Douglas, Shanghai Aviation produced not only MD80s under license, but about 25% of the noses for US-built MD80s.

R

·
0 Posts
ser02rav4 said:
just curious is it 2001-2003 model or 2004-2005?
Perimeter lighting (fog, tail) is '04/'05, stereo surround is '01/'03.
Plastics below the spare tire look a little more 1st gen.

·
Registered
184 Posts
the most interesting is that chinese company is a small local bus manufacturer! wow! Great folks.

Company name: Zhejiang UFO coach manufacturing Co., Ltd
Address: NO 33, Jingchang Road, Wuchang Economy Regions, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province
Tel: +86-571-8522-1188
Fax: +86-571-852-29535
URL: www.feidie-bus.com

here is a link:
http://www.autoindex.org/maker.plt?no=2669

1 - 14 of 14 Posts