Kia Sportage
Lexus RX 400h
Mercedes M-Class
Nissan Xterra
Range Rover Sport
Subaru B9 Tribeca
Suzuki Grand Vitara
Toyota Highlander Hybrid

What do you all think the RAV4's chances are...? :?

Personally, I'd cross off the Ram, Explorer, H3, Commander, Sportage, Range Rover, Tribeca and Grand Vitara immediately. :p The Ridgeline and Xterra have won elsewhere already, so they're probably heavy favorites.

·
Super Moderator
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kelly Smith said:
Wonder if they are testing the 2005 or 2006 RAV4. Since the RAVs model year change came so late this year... I'm guessing it's the 2005 model :?
Well, this is for 2006, winner to be announced at Detroit's "North American International Auto Show" -- the 2005 wouldn't have qualified since it wasn't a new model year.

M

·
0 Posts
Ford Explorer?

Ford must have bought their way onto the list since the explorer isn't even in the same class as the other finalists and some of the others that didn't make the final cut (including the RAV)!!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Surprised that the Mercedes didn't make it. Pricey I know but the 4wheel drive system is pretty advanced and the ride is awesome too. I Almost bought a used ML320 before the RAV and I was impressed with all except the plastic inside seemed to all rattle and squeek. Fit and Finish wasn't what I expected.

My RAV doesn't squeek inside or out so right there its got the M-Class beat.

Honda will take it. There is already so much buzz around it that its gona be hard to make an unbias decision. The "all new" Explorer will take it if they are going to go domestic though. Shame really. The best should win not the just the brand.

Later. M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts