Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone and in advance really appreciate the help!!!
Basically I drove my 2003 to the shop, completely fine, when I got back in after 2minutes it wouldn鈥檛 start just one click from under the hood.
when I put it into ignition there鈥檚 loads of tiny clicks from somewhere, then when I go to start just one loud click.
new battery installed, needed one anyway but still nothing.
Any ideas before I go throwing money into parts I don鈥檛 need haha

I do have a video, il put it on YouTube so I can share a linkVideo of click

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry should of clarified, shop was just a shop. Not mechanics.
air box was removed for the video to try and get better audio for the click, my suspicion is starter solenoid but not sure. Car was running...stopped for a minute to run into shop then just one click on start

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The battery is brand new, when the key is turned there鈥檚 only one click. The burst of small clicks happens when I put key in ready to start. I鈥檝e checked terminals and I鈥檓 getting power after terminals so guess there good

Super Moderator
My test is seeing if the headlights stay bright while the click or clicking is happening.
If not you have a loose connection (check both + and ground) or a weak/uncharged battery.
If so the starter or just its solenoid is failing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello everyone, thanks for your input it鈥檚 much appreciated.
after some hunting around I found the battery link fuse had blown. This is the second time as I brought the car as a non runner and this was the culprit before. Any idea why this will keep blowing as these aren鈥檛 cheap haha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.