Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found a post on Rav4 EV about the Sokietech gas hood strut. I bought mine from Ebay. Unlike the Redline struts installation, these required no drilling. They came with brackets to bolt onto using pre-existing holes.

Nice easy mod. The hood now lift a bit higher than using the hood prop.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Found a post on Rav4 EV about the Sokietech gas hood strut. I bought mine from Ebay. Unlike the Redline struts installation, these required no drilling. They came with brackets to bolt onto using pre-existing holes.

Nice easy mod. The hood now lift a bit higher than using the hood prop.

Looks nice and clean! Do you have a part number or a link? And what is the length needed?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The p/n is 701160249482. Not sure what you mean by the length but the kit comes with the struts, bolts and brackets.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
Nicely done! I remember drilling to install my RedLine struts was a little nerve wracking! Especially drilling the hood. Those look nice.

·
Registered
423 Posts
A little too low for my taste. They hamper the access from sides of engine compartment.
Which is exactly why I haven't done this mod.

2009 RAV4 Sport V6 4WD SAP ** 14.104 @ 97.15mph 1/4 mile "all motor" ** Nitrous powered 2GRFE - 13.36 @ 105.61. ** Login • Instagram

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Looks good. I wonder how long was the install?

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
A little too low for my taste. They hamper the access from sides of engine compartment.
Which is exactly why I haven't done this mod.
Mine are almost vertical, and hardly block access at all. A lot more room on the passenger side for sure:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Mine are almost vertical, and hardly block access at all. A lot more room on the passenger side for sure:

Ooh now thats not bad! Nice!

2009 RAV4 Sport V6 4WD SAP ** 14.104 @ 97.15mph 1/4 mile "all motor" ** Nitrous powered 2GRFE - 13.36 @ 105.61. ** Login • Instagram

·
Registered
423 Posts

Are these the ones you bought?

Compared to some cheaper ones I've seen, these do look like they give you more room. Suppose the "no drill" option is nice but access to my engine bay is a higher priority for me.

2009 RAV4 Sport V6 4WD SAP ** 14.104 @ 97.15mph 1/4 mile "all motor" ** Nitrous powered 2GRFE - 13.36 @ 105.61. ** TEKSMRT • Instagram

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,729 Posts
Are these the ones you bought?

Compared to some cheaper ones I've seen, these do look like they give you more room. Suppose the "no drill" option is nice but access to my engine bay is a higher priority for me.
Yes, but I didn't get the Elite version, I got the base model which was $69.95 11 years ago. As I recall, the only difference was the Elite had black painted brackets and a 10 year warranty. I painted my brackets, and since they have been flawless for 11 years I guess I didn't need the warranty.

Edit: They are still $69.95:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts