Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer just informed me that we could not get an OEM alarm. They claimed Toyota has not make the part available for dealer to install. I can only order it with a new car. They could not get the part to install car without that option. They're going to put an aftermarket alarm if I'm thinking to get one. Any comments?

G

·
0 Posts
my dealer here helped me installed the alarm after i purchased it...not sure if it's OEM but it's controlled by the original keyless entry key...it works exactly as the one described on the accessories site with glass breakage sensor

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I just got my dealer to install the OEM alarm last week. It is called the Toyota VIP RS3200 system. The dealer had a hard time finding it but eventually they got one, took them like two days to find it. I would tell your dealer that you only want the RS3200 system and nothing else. If they cant find one then try another dealer or just wait a few months.

BTW if your system have a small mic on one of those popout panel on the left side of the dash, then it is a OEM system.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally found the part number 08586-42810 through internet. Can someone confirm it if you've installed it after deliver? Thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What's your dealership name if I may ask? I'm in the middle of dispute with my dealership. Thanks. They claimed Toyota is not offering the part and installing a cheapy $30 part.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Clair Toyota Massachusetts. Show your dealer the internet site and ask him if they know how to install it. If they dont, go to someone else.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just got back from another local dealer. The part manager told me that I could not install 08586-42810 (rs3200 plus) security option because my base model rav4 does not meet the requirement. According to them, it must have factory security system before they could install it. Apparently, their catalog stated factory security required for installation. Does not make any sense at all, if I've the factory security, do I still need the VIP rs3200 plus. Anyway, they're recommending me to install an aftermarket alarm which is cheaper than the quote $500 (389.70 + labor).

That confirmed one thing for me, the part was available in Houston and gave me a printed quote. Will see how the Customer Service Manager going to respond to the case that I opened with Toyota Motor. If thing not resolve, I'm going to write to Toyota Motor a nice letter and carbon copy (cc) to customer service in Japan. Obvious, it's going to be written in Japanese language then..

Will see on Monday... Getting real tired with this dealership. I'm also thinking to call Amex to dispute the charge for purchasing the vehicle.

Thanks for information.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Call the Toyota 1-800 number on your owner's manual, the Toyota hotline. They are really helpful and should be able to answer your question.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts