Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Newb here. We own other Toyotas (Tacoma, Matrix) and the Matrix won't hold the grand kids. Two are in car seats and the third will be any day now when it celebrates it's 0th birthday. And it's getting a little long in the tooth.

SWMBO has suggested an Avalon which is probably nice and which I view as the Toyota version of a Buick. (No offense to Buick owners. ;) )

I thought it would be interesting to check out the Rav4 community and learn a little more about the vehicle from the owners. The older version with third row seating seems like it would meet our needs.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
11,133 Posts
That 3rd row is a rare bird especially with the V-6 which you will need with a full load of peeps. Welcome.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Probably much easier to find a Toyota Highlander, with v6 and 3rd row seating...to fit your needs.

We love our low mileage 2008 RAV4 Limited v6 - but no grand kids here, just our 80 lb Doberman, rides in back seat, with 60% folded down.
Our son bought a new 2015 Lexus RX350, last week / as the 2016 models, was hitting the showroom floors & discounted very nicely.
- the interior room difference, is quite noticeable - between the two platforms / especially for a growing family

I'm just not a Buick fan / probably have a good-used Toyota or Lexus, till the day I die now.
- they impress me & a joy to drive

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably much easier to find a Toyota Highlander, with v6 and 3rd row seating...to fit your needs.
Thanks for the suggestion. It makes me smile because the kids just brought home a brand new Highlander as they have their third due any day now. It's a very nice looking vehicle and will meet their needs admirably. I'm looking for something a little smaller.

Thanks!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hi Hank - I'm a big fan of those Highlanders, the new ones are stunning...only see a few, up for sale locally. Your kids made a very wise choice, congrats on their new wheels.
- 4 cylinders 2008 and older, can have oil consumption problems / i4 engine, redesigned in 2009
- v6 makes the RAV4 a rocket ship / our 5 speed transmission, helps get decent gas mileage, over a 4 speed with smaller engine

The size of our RAV4.3 is perfect for our small at home family (mom/dad/dog) / but I did search Canadian Kijiji, for half a year, to find a cream-puff - and saved $5,000, by avoiding dealerships.

I always say, when you find the perfect used vehicle - "be flexible on color, but look for loaded examples (as options depreciate nicely) and many become next to free...in used car market.

We ended up buying a Limited (from Dr.) with v6, leather, moonroof, JBL, heated seats & heated wipers, power driver seat, etc. / for price of a used Base model.
- good luck in your auto hunt / be patient and have fun

1 - 6 of 6 Posts